Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,337 Posts
I have more for ya Bill.
I have 3-4 sets still at the cabin that you could have but I don't know when I would run in to you.

· Registered
70,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have more for ya Bill.
I have 3-4 sets still at the cabin that you could have but I don't know when I would run in to you.
No hurry guys unless they are in your way. Hopefully we will have another MDS function soon where we can meet up. I appreciate it guys!! :wave1:

· Banned
66,381 Posts
No hurry guys unless they are in your way. Hopefully we will have another MDS function soon where we can meet up. I appreciate it guys!! :wave1:
How many arrows will 1 wing make?

· Registered
70,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As with most of the wings I received each bird would be different. Preferably only using the first feathers
Following this video will answer most questions.

I prefer the strip method and after attaching to the arrow shaft I hand cut each feather with a pair of regular scissors. I do use only the primary feathers and sort them into groups like Clay describes in the video. I use the secondary feathers when I make my flu flu arrows and use 6 per arrow. Seems to work well.

· Registered
70,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On average using only the primary feathers that aren't damaged from shot from both wings probably 12 to 15 per bird. If necessary that many more if using the secondary feathers.

edit.....that's 12 to 15 feathers per bird which would be 4 or 5 arrows per pair of wings. More if counting using the secondary feathers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.