Thanks for all the Ontario deer hunting input

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Hatch, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their input regarding the Ontario deer hunt I am planning, all of the helpful suggestions were just that, I have chosen to go with Schoal Lake Outfitters www.whitetaileddeer.net we have space open if anyone is interested? Check out the site and let me know, dates are Oct 7-14 Thanks again! I was able to ask allot of questions I would not have known to ask...

2. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Canada has some goofy firearms regulations. There is a form you have to fill out to allow you to have a rifle in Canada for up to 60 days. Here is a link:

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/online-en_ligne/form-assistance/PDFs/909_e.pdf

Additionally be very cautious about how you transport your rifle. Our neighbors to the North like it in the trunk, locked, away from anything that resembles ammunition.

One last thing, the Constitution ends at the border. Their country, their rules.

Have a great trip!

Leaker

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Lotsa luck hatch... and lotsa pictures too!

4. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I'v got a Colrado Elk hunt the next week but it sounds like a hoot..did you get this gig through the OUTDOOR ONNECTION?

one of these days I want a Saskatchuan or Alberta Whitetail hunt ..if I could only win the lottery

5. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    Saskatchuan was my first choice but after looking at all my options Ontario was not that bad of a choice, I did not go through Outdoor Connection on this hunt but I will use them, they seem to be a great operation. I want to do alot of things but as you said "If I could only hit the lottery"