Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday, somehow my torqueless grip came loose on my bow, same thing happened to LB44 on the same day. dont know if the weather somehow effected it or just coincidence. anyways, we go to his place and decide to reglue our grips back on. after doing so I draw my bow back, like you are supposed to, to make sure the glue sets. Let off and knew i jacked something up. I had my release on my string like an idiot and it wound up in cam, and cable jumped off my string. Make fun of me if you want, but if this story saves one person from doing this it will be worth it. As much as I dislike bass pro I had to try. this happened @ 8:58. I call bass pro immediately because I knew they were open till 9, and maybe, just maybe someone would be nice enough to help a guy out. Keep in mind that its 2 minutes from his house. I get directed to the archery department, and talk to a guy and tell him my problem. He says yeah, we can fix that, and asks when i am going to bring my bow in. I asked nicely because I NEED my bow for saturday morning, and the response I got was "Cant do it now, were closed." I didnt even bother and had a few choice words and hung up. It didnt make me mad that he didnt do it, just made me mad by the was he phrased his answer. I know its my own fault but was hoping maybe I could catch a break. OH WELL, LB44 had a buddy in Jeff City, same guy I bought my bow from, that has a press, immediatly headed there shot a few arrows, got back @ midnight, woke up @ 4 and hunted all day!!!:banana-man-yeah:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
thats why bass pro and cabelas are a joke, glad you found a guy to do it. If you woulda been near me i would have stayed after for ya. Reputable bow shops are 1000000 times better than bass pro or box stores

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, i stop by blevins when im thru there for work, just wasnt around last week, congrats on the Kansas buck by the way

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
hey man i work in the down here n BPS in springfield and i would have stayed man i know what its like and how bad it would suck sitting at the house wh a broken bow. So don't bash BPS it was the worker.

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
would you even be allowed to stay open ? id imagine they hear that all the time, about last minute stuff. most places, when we're closed, we're closed.

just my :02:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
[rquote=1484362&tid=103728&author=knockemdeadd]would you even be allowed to stay open ? id imagine they hear that all the time, about last minute stuff. most places, when we're closed, we're closed.

just my :02:[/rquote]

we close at ten down here and we will stay open as long as your here before the doors close. I can't make them leave them open but when your in i will take as long as you need

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
The store manager probably wouldn't have gave two squirts about your bow even if the guy at the archery shop WANTED to work on your bow. :wave:

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
I worked for Bass Pro for 4 years... the last thing I would want to do is work on someones bow after hours and keep half the store there also... All because you werent paying attention and your bow was messed up...

Dont blame him......:wave:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I don't blame them .It was not his call to stay open for you. You expected BPS to keep their doors open after hours for a simple bow repair . Their overhead is much higher than a local proshop because they would have to keep several other employees in the store after hours along with the guy in the archery dept..

·
27,514 Posts
I think Bass Pro did the right thing. All stores are the same. Once the doors are locked, no one is let in. I don't know of any store that lets people in after they have closed the doors.

·
Registered
489 Posts
At first I was right on with you...but reading further you didnt buy the bow from Bass Pro then I think the burden of getting it fixed falls back to who sold the bow. If you had bought it from them and then had issues then they should take care of their customers but it doesnt make business sense to stay open for what a 20 dollar repair? Just my :02:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to buy a bow press & learn to work on your own equipment. Most things with a bow really aren't that hard to fix, believe it or not.

G

·
As would most small bow shops that have a few employees but in the case of bp they would have to keep quite a few employees there that would be a poor business move

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
[rquote=1488442&tid=103728&author=pinwheel]Sounds like a good reason to buy a bow press & learn to work on your own equipment. Most things with a bow really aren't that hard to fix, believe it or not.[/rquote]

I agree , and thats why I have been doing my own work for years . I carry a portable bow press in my bow case for emergency repairs.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
yep always poor business move to gain customers and have good things said about your business or company my brother has been in construction for years and never advertised he lets his customers do it for him word of mouth is his best means of advertisement you do good work u get praised for it do bad work u get less customers and less money and my brother is booked year round with work jus sayin

·
5,452 Posts
Here's the real deal. If you were refering to a local dealer I would say you are absolutely right. But when you are talking about a major chain like BP you can not and should not expect them to stay open for a small repair. That like calling home depot and asking them to stay late so you can come but a hammer. It would cost them so so so much to keep the doors open for you to come in. But alls well that ends well glad your bow got fixed!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts