Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Texas in melt down mode over captive cwd cases

12K views 78 replies 23 participants last post by  flounder 
#1 ·
Texas CWD captive update

Saturday, August 01, 2015

*** Texas CWD Medina Captive Two more deer test positive for chronic wasting disease CWD TSE Prion

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2015/08/texas-cwd-medina-captive-two-more-deer.html

Sunday, August 02, 2015

*** TEXAS CWD, Have you been ThunderStruck, deer semen, straw bred bucks, super ovulation, and the potential TSE Prion connection, what if? ***

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2015/08/texas-cwd-have-you-been-thunderstruck.html

with sad regards, terry

#77 ·
"Those higher-risk areas include counties where the two captive deer operations are located (Medina and Lavaca) and those around the 46 sites where deer tied to the Medina County breeding operation were released, Lockwood said. "

Ouch. I figured with Texas laws allowing the release of captive deer some of those 900 had been released. But in 46 places ? It has got to cause major concern.

Terry. Any idea if Kroll has chimed in on the situation since its now his back yard instead of someone elses??

#78 ·
"Those higher-risk areas include counties where the two captive deer operations are located (Medina and Lavaca) and those around the 46 sites where deer tied to the Medina County breeding operation were released, Lockwood said. "

Ouch. I figured with Texas laws allowing the release of captive deer some of those 900 had been released. But in 46 places ? It has got to cause major concern.

Terry. Any idea if Kroll has chimed in on the situation since its now his back yard instead of someone elses??
i read something somewhere, it seems, don't quote me, something to the effect of, nothing to worry about, little chicken theory or something. a good bad example is what TAHC has already lived up to, in my opinion. you don't continue to knowing let CWD walk across the border for a decade, and do nothing about it, or let an industry self regulate itself via legislation and lobbyist, all the while doing the end around sound science. you get what you ask for...

TEXAS One sorghum DDGS sample out of 168 DG samples was contaminated with bovine spongiform encephalopathy, but the transmission route of the bovine spongiform encephalopathy agent could not be clearly defined.

J Food Prot. 2015 Oct;78(10):1861-9. doi: 10.4315/0362-028X.JFP-15-157.

Evaluation of Selected Nutrients and Contaminants in Distillers Grains from Ethanol Production in Texas.

Lee KM1, Herrman TJ2. Author information 1Office of the Texas State Chemist, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M University System, College Station, Texas 77841, USA. kml@otsc.tamu.edu. 2Office of the Texas State Chemist, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Texas A&M University System, College Station, Texas 77841, USA.

Abstract

This study evaluated distillers grain (DG) by-products produced in different ethanol plants and supplemented in animal diets in Texas, based on samples analyzed from 2008 to 2014. The samples were assessed for concentration, occurrence, and prevalence of selected nutrients and contaminants. Protein and sulfur contents of DG were largely different between corn and sorghum by-products as well as wet distillers grain with solubles and dry distillers grain with solubles (DDGS), indicating a significant effect of grain feedstock and dry-grind process stream on DG composition and quality. Salmonella was isolated in 4 DDGS samples out of a total of 157 DG samples, a percentage (2.5%) that is much lower than the percentage of Salmonella-positive samples found in other feed samples analyzed during the same period. A small amount of virginiamycin residue was found in 24 corn DDGS, 1 corn wet distillers grain with solubles, and 2 sorghum DDGS samples out of 242 samples in total. One sorghum DDGS sample out of 168 DG samples was contaminated with bovine spongiform encephalopathy, but the transmission route of the bovine spongiform encephalopathy agent could not be clearly defined. The concentrations of aflatoxin and fumonisin DG by-products averaged 3.4 μg/kg and 0.7 mg/kg, respectively. Among contaminated corn DG samples, five DDGS samples for aflatoxin contained a higher concentration than the U.S. Food and Drug Administration action level for use in animal feed, whereas no sample for fumonisin was found above the action level. The study results raised some important issues associated with the quality and use of DG by-products, suggesting several approaches and strategies for their effective and safe use as a feed ingredient to promote animal and human health and welfare.

PMID: 26408135 [PubMed - in process]

http://www.foodprotection.org/publications/journal-of-food-protection/

I don’t guess I am smart enough to have access to this journal, but found this abstract, and found this study of Selected Nutrients and Contaminants in Distillers Grains from Ethanol Production in Texas, and the fact they found BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY BSE TSE PRION IN ONE SAMPLE OF SORGHUM DDGS OUT OF 168 DG SAMPLES in 2015, I find this disturbing, but does not surprise me. ($$$) ...terry

a review of the TSE prion aka mad cow type disease in Texas, what I call the Texas mad cow two step, or the mad cow TSE Prion follies of the TAHC $$$

1st mad cow that got away $$$

snip...tss

Sunday, September 27, 2015

TEXAS CONFIRMATION OF BOVINE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHY BSE TSE PRION IN ONE SAMPLE OF SORGHUM DDGS OUT OF 168 DG SAMPLES

http://bovineprp.blogspot.com/2015/09/texas-confirmation-of-bovine-spongiform.html

kind regards, terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.