Texas Hogg hunts

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by TrapperJohn, May 24, 2009.

1. Guyz Im runnin hog hunts in the Tx panhandle on the Red River. 6000ac No Canned hunt Excellent accomodations,no lic needed. 300 for 3 days. will have ref and pics at the MWT 3D shoot this weekend. also Deer [mule@Whtail],Quail and Varments. talk to Randy

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ok I live in Texas and want to know how you are doing this without a license?!?!?!

---------------------------------------------

EXOTIC ANIMALS AND FOWL
    Exotic animal refers to grass-eating or plant-eating, single-hoofed or cloven-hoofed mammals that are not indigenous or native to Texas and are known as ungulates, including animals from the deer and antelope families that landowners have introduced into this state. Includes, but is not limited to feral hog, Aoudad sheep, Axis deer, Elk, Sika deer, Fallow deer, Blackbuck antelope, Nilgai antelope, and Russian boar. Exotic fowl refers to any avian species that is not indigenous to this state, including ratites (emu, ostrich, rhea, cassowary, etc.).
    There are no state bag or possession limits or closed seasons on exotic animals or fowl on private property. It is against the law to:
    Hunt an exotic without a valid hunting license.
    Hunt an exotic on a public road or right-of-way.
    Hunt an exotic without the landowner's permission.
    Possess an exotic or the carcass of an exotic without the owner's consent.
    Penalty: A person who violates these laws commits an offense that is a Class A Parks and Wildlife Code misdemeanor ($500-$4000 and/or up to one year in jail).

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/nongame/ Link to page listing Feral Hogs as Exotic animal.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Although feral hogs are not classified as game animals, a hunting license is required to hunt them.

Link to Texas Parks and Wildlife

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/nuisance/feral_hogs/#hunt

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    If anyone is interested and needs more information, I will be glad to put you in contact with Randy Ward, u2u me for phone number. I do know that lic is needed for the mule deer and whitetail hunts, he can explain and answer all your questions.

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I am really hoping he will answer here Mobowman. I might learn a thing or two! Just wantong information as to how it can be done without a license, I mean they are running rampid around here and have lots of friends and family that would love to come hunt them. I just assumed with the information I had they were required to have a icense like residents!

5. MoBowman

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Not sure how they do it Crystal, but several off the site here have been down there hunting hogs. The crew at Montrose Archery were all there not long ago. I will talk with Randy tomorrow and have him give more info, he just moved and got internet for the first time in a long time, he will be glad to fill you in as he will be booking hunts on this property for sometime.

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Great I look forward to knowing.

7. Wildlife depervation not spelt rite landowner can take any means to control hogs,yotes,cats, ben hunting this ranch for 5yrs this way. no good at typin

8. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Thanks for the info TJ :eek::

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
  10. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    So I had a Guy tell me to come down there.He has 4,000 acres and said I could shoot all the d** hogs i want.Said I didn't need no license.So I get Gas money I'm good to go.

Right?

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin sees another Road Trip.

11. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Whew!

I hunted that ranch with him last year and didn't have a license. Glad I was legal! :cheers:

You'll have a blast on this place. Lots o hogs and different types of terrain to hunt. :eek::

12. Bowhunter4life

Bowhunter4life New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    can you kill all you want

13. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    You could when I went. I don't know if it's still the same.

14. Mad-Shooter

Mad-Shooter New Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Montrose, MO
    I believe he has limited the number per person due to the numbers of people wanting to come down there.....but still plenty of meat to bring back. Maybe something like 2-3 hogs a person....not sure! And man is it a good time!!!!:eek::

15. weekendz hunts are fillin up, If ya wanna step out of the yard :Dta hunt get wit me. Our fences r fer cows an Ole Blue.::rof2: TJ InTheSticks

16. jus got home this mornin bout 4 from the ranch.:2thumbsup: gona be a good year, lotsa grass they'v had alot of rain. saw 30 to 40 hogs deer r lookin good an talkin poss 2 good hatches on quail. no rattlers couple of sheds ana horny toad. TJ

17. deputy_d

deputy_d New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Springfield
    Who has information on this hunt.

18. MoBowman

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    If ya need TrapperJohns (Randy Ward) phone number, send me a u2u and I will send it back to ya. Great guy and a good time to be had that is for sure. :2thumbsup: