Tell me about your wife...

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Lefty, May 29, 2009.

1. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Or husband I guess... ;)

DADA's post about his Anniversary got me thinking, and thought this would be a pretty good thread! :thinking:

As I seem to be getting out of another worthless relationship where I was beginning to think about the future ... I have been wondering what people in successful marriages did to realize OR how they knew their wife (or husband) was "the one."

Was it a love at first sight? Did you meet online? Did a friend introduce you all? Bar? Craig's List:D? ETC...

Just looking for some insight. NOT saying as a 21 y/o college kid that I am ready to get married or anything like that, just wondering how you all found and realized you were with the ONE you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

2. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Finally found someone the didn't go eeewww when I introduced myself....:D

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1279725&tid=89544&author=callaojoe]Finally found someone the didn't go eeewww when I introduced myself....:D[/rquote]

:D

My wife is happily married to someone else now and I am happily NOT married to anyone now.

4. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    She told me we were getting married, and I wasnt doing anything else at the moment. :D (joke)

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I paid her alot

:peepwall:

6. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1279738&tid=89544&author=Rebel]I paid her alot

:peepwall:[/rquote]

sounds like my deal!

7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1279739&tid=89544&author=hunter7x][rquote=1279738&tid=89544&author=Rebel]I paid her alot

sounds like my deal![/rquote]

Cept, yours was on the way out, and his was on the way in....:thinking:

8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1279739&tid=89544&author=hunter7x][rquote=1279738&tid=89544&author=Rebel]I paid her alot

started out by the hour, figured maybe a discount if i paid monthly.. yep more discount quartely, so went all out and paid in advance..

:rock:

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1279742&tid=89544&author=callaojoe][rquote=1279739&tid=89544&author=hunter7x][rquote=1279738&tid=89544&author=Rebel]I paid her alot

Cept, yours was on the way out, and his was on the way in....:thinking:[/rquote]

yes it cretainly was....worth every penny. :D

10. Big John

Big John Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Ok When Angela and I met we were in college, we went to a weekend retreat with others at the college, 2yrs later we got married had a beautiful baby girl, 3yrs later divorced, 3 yrs later started dating 1yr later we got remarried had another beautiful baby girl and, now we are separated again............

11. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    [rquote=1279745&tid=89544&author=hunter7x][rquote=1279742&tid=89544&author=callaojoe][rquote=1279739&tid=89544&author=hunter7x][rquote=1279738&tid=89544&author=Rebel]I paid her alot

Cept, yours was on the way out, and his was on the way in....:thinking:[/rquote]

yes it cretainly was....worth every penny. :D[/rquote]

SAME HERE......WORTH EVERY PENNY TOO!!!!:cheers:

12. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    My secret is that she just won't leave, been trying for the last 3 years but she just won't go away. :shrug:

been 14 years now, I can't do another 14:whiteflag:

13. JustBob

JustBob New Member

love at first sight. i saw her dancing and thought I HAVE to get to know that girl. i got her # in the elevator when the opportunity was right. that was 8 years ago. we have 2 children. im really lucky.

14. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    Honestly brotha you just know when its right. The best advise I can give is dont go "looking" and follow your gut feeling. Stand up for yourself and what you believe in. Do that in the start of the relationship and it won be a problem later (most of the time)

15. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    I TIED MINE UP AND SHE IS STILL TIED UP THATS HOW WE ROLL.

REALLY LOOK I MARRIED MY BEST FRIEND PERIOD. WE LIVED TO GETHER FOR A WHILE THEN WE GOT MARRIED. WE MET IN 7TH GRADE AND DATED FOR 8 MONTHS AND BROKE UP. WE STAYED FRIENDS DURING SCHOOL AND THEN WE GOT BACK TOGETHER IN 11TH GRADE . LOOK IF YOU WORRY ABOUT STUFF YOU DO AROUND HER SHE ISNT THE ONE. MINE MARIED THE BIGGEST RED NECK SLOB AND DIDNT EVEN TRY TO CHANGE ME . IF THEY TRY TO GET YOU TO CHANGE YOUR WAYS SHOW THEM THE DOOR.

MY THOERY IS IF YOU CANT POOP WITH THE BATHROOM DOOR OPEN THEN LET HER WALK AND MAKE HER PAY FOR THE BEERS.

16. JustBob

JustBob New Member

hahaha about the poopin with the door open thing. yeah, if you cant poop in front of em dont marry em.

17. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    I don't like poopin in front of me much less anyone else:D

18. goosekilla

goosekilla Senior Member

Dec 9, 2008
    west of STL
    I have never and will never poop infront of ANYBODY:mad2:. That is to be done behind closed doors

19. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    i have no shame, ill poop / pee / whaever in front of anyone..

:woot:

20. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Met mine in Anatomy class at Missouri State University.... Got married a year later.. Best thing I ever did... :woot: