Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,805 Posts
Very nice, congrats to the young man! That's a good deer! (y)

·
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats Tackett!!!!!!

Thwack, what bow is he shooting, you have probably mentioned it before? I can see he is shooting the best, but what model?
Well it's not the best....(Hoyt :ROFLMAO: ), but it is a 2019 Mathews Vertix. It is crazy fast, quiet, and vibration free. It truly impressed this Hoyt guy.
Tackett spotted it last March for sale on social media. It is 65lb, 29 inch draw, and LEFT HANDED. We weren't even in the market for one but when he showed it to me I thought he better buy it.
Left handed, only an hour away, and we can get mods to go up to 30.5" or 31" draw I think and he may need that soon.

In reflection had he never bought this bow AND bought the slider sight with it we would have never got into the 3D as seriously as we did this summer.
In reality the HHA Slider sight he paid extra for when he bought the bow is what sparked me into action on the 3D mad dash we did in June and July which led to his State Championship Buckle.
I knew he was a good shot for a kid, but when we walked that slider sight back to 90 yards on a block target I was floored to see him shooting tight groups about as good as many pros on Youtube shoot at 90. Had we stopped at 40 yards (3 pins), I would have never known that he could hold those groups on out to 90.

It is just Mathews, but I will say it is a dream to shoot.;)

·
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BIG doe, congrats.
Yes, I look at the picture and I see a little boy and a little doe.
What my mind is deceived by is my little boy is 6' 200+lbs now.
We updated his MDC info when getting tags. Last Sept he was
5' 3" and 120lbs. Talk about a growth spurt!
Clothing Tire Wheel Green Plant

Jeans Plant Tree Branch Gesture

Big sister(older sister) helping the boys get her in the freezer. Awesome life skills at work right there.

·
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the family chipping in on the workload!!!!!!
They all started processing deer at about 3 or 4 years old.
They all got to saw away at it with a butter knife, and never gave up or quit.(persistent little buggers)
Our deer seasons are truly about camaraderie and fellowship as a family.
I have been very blessed!

·
Super Moderator
26,896 Posts
Thanks! Yes it is. They are back out after it again. Karli sent me a video of three bucks fighting within about 20 yards of her stand. She said it went on for thirty minutes. Enjoying nature. What it is really about.
My buddy said there were a couple small bucks dancing, but two shooters were flat out whooping one another last evening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts