Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Keep calm and Chive on!
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a reservation at shanks today. Drew 10 and got to go were we wanted. No new birds but the singles and pairs were working good. Ended up with 14 between 3 guys. 11 mallards, 2 teal, and 1 great tasting shoveler:D. Sorry no pics

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
bigbass, don't worry about the pics, i've seen ducks before. congrats on the hunt. have heard that park ducks are stale around here. seen it for myself on some walk in stuff couple weeks ago. i would have loved to have been haulin 13 of them stingy stale things out. i didn't take pics either.:cheers:

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=1489734&tid=104067&author=winger]bigbass, don't worry about the pics, i've seen ducks before. congrats on the hunt. have heard that park ducks are stale around here. seen it for myself on some walk in stuff couple weeks ago. i would have loved to have been haulin 13 of them stingy stale things out. i didn't take pics either.:cheers:[/rquote]

bigbass, don't worry about the pics, i've seen ducks before.

thanks winger, now that he's heard it from both of us, he probably wont worry about pics, unless of course, he wants to worry about them:2thumbsup: :hysterical:

btw bigbass :welcome: to MWT :cheers:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
just didn't want the new guy thinking members were banging on him for not posting pics, some of you all can be ruthless.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We were there on the 27th as well. Got where we wanted to go as well and 4 of us brought 5 mallards and a spoonie out. I think the average Friday was under 1 a man. Several singles and pairs working but most were interupted by other shots......love public ground.

And now a rant.....It still amazes me to see guys shoot at ducks overhead at 50 and 60 yds....every 10th bird would fall wounded and that would just keep them throwing shells in the air. Keep on educating birds boys and screwing up someones elses birds that are actually working. End of rant.

Oh, and congrats to you guys!!:claphands: It's been a tough year.

·
Keep calm and Chive on!
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ASW did I see u at the U gas in wentzville about 1:30 in the mornning? I seen 3 guys there and when I got to t shanks they were the 1st in line. I agree on the sky busting we had alot of groups swing wide only to get flared. Those birds are gun shy for sure. Gonna try and poor line in the morning, If we dont draw 15 or better we might go to Twain.

·
Registered
277 Posts
[rquote=1490322&tid=104067&author=bigbass]ASW did I see u at the U gas in wentzville about 1:30 in the mornning? I seen 3 guys there and when I got to t shanks they were the 1st in line. I agree on the sky busting we had alot of groups swing wide only to get flared. Those birds are gun shy for sure. Gonna try and poor line in the morning, If we dont draw 15 or better we might go to Twain.[/rquote]

Nope, not us. We rolled in right at draw time. Good luck at Twain if you go, heard there are some being killed there if you know the lake well enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.