Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble downloading my pics at work so I'll get them posted tonight. Don't worry I got lots of them.
Shot my bird at 6:30 this morning.
spurs: 1 1/2 & 1 3/8
Weight:23 lbs
Beard: ( I need a official rulling on this one) The beard had been split years ago and new skin was groing between the 2 parts. Part 1 was 11" & part 2 was 10 1/2"
I had 2 birds hit the ground & start strutting at 6:00. They finally made their way into range right around 6:30 when my bird came out of the timber spitting & druming about 10 yds away. After I shot I looked towards the other 2 birds and a 3rd mature tom had been heading my way.
With out a dought the best turkey hunt I have ever been on.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Good job rbh!!! Do you think it is a double bearder? My uncle and I went out this mornin, but we couldn't get anything working...only heard one tom gobbling on the roost, they shut up once they hit the ground. We made a couple of moves and saw that there were 2 big toms struttin, with 3 jakes taggin along, all behind countless hens...we just couldn't get the hens to come to a call....oh well, we'll try again tomorrow!!! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
decisions decisions, why can't i have decisions like which one to take. congrats.:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fireman,
I personally consider it a double. It is diffinately parted when you look at it. It really looks like it was 1 beard years ago and got split then the skin grew between the 2 peices seperating it. Just can't wait to hear the official ruling on it.
The birds where I was talked good in the trees, but also pretty much shut up once they hit the ground. Just an occasional gobble.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 90acres
Alright then, pressures on the other two of us now to finish the job.
1 down 2 more to go for team 6 this week. The only downfall to shooting one first thing opening morning is that its going to be a long wait till next monday. Good news is I have got a couple friends that I am going to do some calling for this week on their farms and I am suppose to take a buddy of mines wife this weekend to their land since he has to work all weekend.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forgot to mention a good ol parker turkey call sealed the deal on this bird.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally got my camera working. Here is the field pic with the bird & I'll put the official pic on the Contest thread.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Nice job...AWESOME pic

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That was my first ever attempt at self timing pics. Here is a pic of the split beard.

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by rmr
Way to go Riverbottomhunter, sounds like you had a good day. My little brother scored too
I heard he had a little luck this morning as well. How big was his?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
Forgot to mention a good ol parker turkey call sealed the deal on this bird.
:eek: ALRIGHT! I can rest at ease now! As some of you may remember, I guaranteed a dead bird with this call this spring! :whip: GET ER DONE!

Geez RBH, that was so easy, you may be able to get that second bird with it too! :D

The birds in KS sure were responding to those calls. I'm going to get after a MO bird in the morning! :cheers:

Parker

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
RB congrats and a very fine bird!! Is the skin grown around both beards? If so and they are separated I'd say you have two beards. If you are worried take a pic and post it if you can.

Jack

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I helped a little monday morning.
17#
1- 6 inch beard
1- 2 inch beard
3/4 inch spurs
Taken monday morning at 6:40 useing a homemade box call, Mossberg 500, Winchester turkey supremes #5. I dont have a didital camera or scanner so when I get the pictures developed I will have to send them to someone to post them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.