team 41

Discussion in '2013 Deer Contest' started by mid mo hunter, Sep 16, 2013.

1. mid mo hunter

mid mo hunter Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Good luck and good hunting.:cheers:

2. Good luck mid mo hunter!

Are all team 41 members bow hunters?

3. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Good luck to the both of ya! :cheers: I'm mainly a bow hunter.

4. mid mo hunter

mid mo hunter Member

Oct 25, 2011
  5. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    So anyone been hunting yet or plan to anytime soon? Would like to hear about your hunts as well your harvests.

6. Been out both days but got nothing. My bow stand is usually better later in the season. Should be able to stick a doe early though

7. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    I went Monday morning and this evening so far. I didn't see anything Sunday morning. Saw a pretty nice buck, probably a shooter, 375 yards from me this evening from the same stand. Was raining lightly and wind out of the ESE. Glad to know there is a mature buck around or at least I should say visually confirmed.

8. [rquote=2947895&tid=204371&author=justindh1]I went Monday morning and this evening so far. I didn't see anything Sunday morning. Saw a pretty nice buck, probably a shooter, 375 yards from me this evening from the same stand. Was raining lightly and wind out of the ESE. Glad to know there is a mature buck around or at least I should say visually confirmed. [/rquote]

Good luck catching up with that buck. I've been out 4 times and so far I haven't seen much, just some turkeys.

9. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Went out Saturday morning and evening. Saw 4 does in the morning hunt and 2 does and a small buck in the evening. Also saw to 2 turkeys Saturday evening and got one down with my bow.:claphands: Anyone else been out?

10. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Went out Saturday morning and evening. Saw 4 does in the morning hunt and 2 does and a small buck in the evening. Also saw to 2 turkeys Saturday evening and got one down with my bow.:claphands: Anyone else been out?

11. mid mo hunter

mid mo hunter Member

Oct 25, 2011
    going to try to get out this Saturday.

12. Friday night = nothing

Saturday morning = eventful. Had a doe and her offspring at 30 yards but was still to dark to see my pins. Seen three little bucks still grouped up right in front of the stand. Decided to jump out of the stand early that morning when I noticed my d-loop was in need of being replaced.

Sunday morning = had friends over and a bonfire Saturday night and couldn't get out of bed cause to much :cheers: the night before.

13. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    So I wonder if our 4th member is a bow hunter? We haven't heard from him yet. I plan on going this weekend rain or shine. How bout everyone else?

14. [rquote=2956082&tid=204371&author=justindh1]So I wonder if our 4th member is a bow hunter? We haven't heard from him yet. I plan on going this weekend rain or shine. How bout everyone else?[/rquote]

I'll be in the blind tomorrow morning if its raining, and in the stand Sunday.

15. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    How's the hunting been? I shot another turkey and a yote but no deer in range yet. Too bad they don't count. First time I have tagged out with a bow for turkeys. Saw some deer over the weekend but none wanted to cooperate with me. Looking to hit it hard this weekend.

16. adam snyder

adam snyder New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I am indeed a bowhunter. Sorry, havent seen this thread. Been out a few times and havent done much

17. [rquote=2960052&tid=204371&author=justindh1]How's the hunting been? I shot another turkey and a yote but no deer in range yet. Too bad they don't count. First time I have tagged out with a bow for turkeys. Saw some deer over the weekend but none wanted to cooperate with me. Looking to hit it hard this weekend.[/rquote]

Been slow for me so far this year. With the colder temps this weekend, hopefully it will pick up a bit.

Good luck to everyone and hopefully we can start putting some points on the board. :cheers:

18. mid mo hunter

mid mo hunter Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Looks like I might get to go hunting finally this weekend. Corn is about done and with any luck it will be done on Friday and then slick heads bewear I have some room in the freezer. Any one seeing anything to brag about?

19. Good luck this weekend! I've been seeing more dead on the road than walking in front of my stand :mad:

20. justindh1

justindh1 Senior Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Shot a big ten last Sunday. Tracked him 500+ yards over 4.5 hours with no luck. A quartering away shot and hit a bit too forward. Tough lesson learned. It drained my enthusiasm but i'm heading out in the morning. Only the 3rd deer to be in range with 55+ hours in the stand. Sure sucked but gotta get back in the stand.