Team 28

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by ILBwHnt, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Hey guys good luck it stormed here and was 85 degrees it was horrible

2. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Lots of acorns, standing corn and beans around the farm right now. Thinking corn harvest will start this week if weather is decent, when that begins I'll start hunting some edges.

Good Luck to all.:cheers:

3. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Hello team. Sorry its taken so long to let you guys know I was alive and playing a role on the team. I have been hunting in Ks this week and this is my first day back in the office. I hope to add several points to our total this year but ya never know. Heading back to KS tomorrow after work and hope to get my tag on one before the weekend is over.....John

4. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Good Luck Gerv, :wave:

5. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Good luck Gerv 3 is better than 2 but hey guys got some good pics weather is still hot and storms off and on hopefully get out soon

6. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    We got 18 pts today boys

Attached Files:

7. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Congrats.......but that looks just like the deer someone posted on Team 35's score board. :whistle:

8. fl3157

fl3157 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    N.E. Missouri
    Dang, how did I miss this post.

Congrats sir, nice buck.:eek::

I haven't been in a tree yet, the cool down this weekend might get me going.

9. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Finally

I finally got a weekend where I could hunt around the house and connected. Bow Doe.

Attached Files:

10. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Gerv dunno how I missed it good job man!!!!!!

11. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Thanks. I struck out in the Ks. Muzzleloader season. My buddy killed a 180" buck and the one I was after was running with his buck. Unfortunately I was on the other end of the farm about 1/2 a mile away. I moved over to that side of the farm for the rest of the week hoping to get a crack at him hunting over a fresh cut corn field but I never saw him. I think the commotion of losing his buddy sent him somewhere else. I will be back there in December to try and get another shot at him. Until then, I will hunt does around the house until early Nov then its up to North Mo for some rut hunting with my bow before gun season in North Mo. I hope to contribute some points to the team this year after only killing 2 does last year. I have been traveling a lot for work so I haven't been keeping up with MWT like I normally do. Im about done with my fall travels, so hopefully I will be more active keeping up with how everyone else on the team is doing.......John

12. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Whats everyones rut huntin plans over the next few weeks?

13. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Pregnant wife but I have this weekend here in Missouri and next weekend going to Illinois for 4 days and that will be about all she wrote for this guy

14. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Good luck ILBwHnt. Im taking next week off and heading up to North Mo for a week of bowhunting. Then back up there for opening weekend of gun season. Then to Kansas the first week of December. Hopefully I can add to our point total over that time, but I havent had as much luck with killing does around the house as I was hoping.

15. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    I havnt seen many does at all passed a good buck up last Thurs and another one out smarted me Tues night that was a definite shooter but I can't shoot one in mo till the 15th but I have an Oklahoma tag to fill may hop over there this weekend idk yet

16. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Where are you from ILBwHnt?

17. ILBwHnt

ILBwHnt New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Southwestern Mo now but originally from Illinois been here 2 years and here's the guy I want bad

Attached Files:

18. GERVJ

GERVJ New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Polk Mo
    Another with the bow. Not having a good year at all but.....

Attached Files: