Team 26

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by FatDan, Sep 18, 2014.

1. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Just thought I'd start one for us too. Good luck to steelman and jaws on carrying our team this year. I don't really deer hunt I just come on here to harass the guys that do and wings said that Mr_Hannibal is a horrible teammate that never kills anything and since he said it on the internet it has to be true.

Seriously though I probably won't get out much for another couple weeks but then I will be out there 4 or 5 days a week. TC pics haven't shown many doe's this year so won't be killing a bunch of those on my property but might go hit up some public ground late if I haven't put any meat in the freezer from a freak nasty.

Good luck to all you guys this year and Mr_Hannibal for what it's worth I bet wings is full of crap I bet you kill a lot of stuff.:wave::cheers:

2. jawesome357

jawesome357 The Instigator

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    I normally get a few evening sits in on September weekends. Will pick it up more when October rolls around. November rifle season I will have the entire week to hunt so should hopefully at least put one deer down. Here's to wishin y'all happy huntin and some good deer!:cheers:

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    your assessment of ol Wingster is correct my friend....:D.....i'll stack em up this year for show and tell.....and i wont be gettin out till it gets a bit cooler......been watchin alot of deer with a couple good bucks on cam........good luck to team 26......:wave:

4. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I'll get in some weekend hunts until towards the end of October, then take some vacation days when the weather looks right. I'll be using some vacation during rifle season too. Been getting quite a few doe pictures and a couple of good bucks. My lease is for sale so pretty much any legal buck is going down, no sense waiting if I won't be able to hunt it next year:D

Good luck to you guys!:cheers:

5. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Team 26 is on the board with 2 pts for a doe. 8:00am this morning. Shot her broadside and she ran about 80 yards, down a hill and piled up.

6. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Nice job:eek:: I guess I need to go get my tags and start thinking about climbing a tree. My lack of good pictures and not seeing many deer around my place have me kind of bummed out to this point. Of course it's like that every year around here until about the 3rd week of October.

7. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    Great Job Steelman!

Sorry I'm slacking guys. I have been doing so much work on this house that I have only been out a few times. But on a good note, I only work 9 days in November, and the house will be done by then, so hunting will ensue! Knock em dead boys!

8. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    Started to see more deer movement the last few sits. Haven't run a stake through one yet though, but I'm tryin! Will be huntin hard up until next tuesday, and then all of rifle season. It's GO TIME FELLAS! Get PUMPED!

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i have been sittin in a tree bout every evening lately, seen lots of small bucks, and a couple good ones.....i'll pull a string before to long...:wave:....way to go on the big doe......

10. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    I probably screwed up this morning I had the biggest buck we have on camera which is only probably 120-130 8 with a kicker off of each g-2 at 18 yards and I let him walk. I had decided from pictures that he's only 3 at the most maybe even 2 and I wasn't going to shoot him. Had a majestic chasing a doe all over the field this morning, and it wasn't like a little buck usually does it was an all out grunting chase and remember thinking man I wonder if that little doe was about ready. About 30 minutes later the nice 8 came running in the field and followed the exact trail the little doe took all over the field running from the majestic. It was amazing how he zigged and zagged back and forth over the trail he had all ready went across the exact way the doe did in somewhat of a figure 8 pattern with his nose right on the ground so I guess I was right she was stinky. Anyway for some unknown reason when he came off the trail he proceeded to walk right to me and cross the fence 18 yards from my stand giving me plenty of opportunity to let the wind out of him and it was hard not to because his rack looked nice in person but his body actually looked smaller to the fact I'm leaning more to a 2 year old. If given the chance I will probably let my 13 year old son shoot him but as bad as I want to kill a deer I just didn't have it in me to shoot what I thought to be a 2 year old. I hope he don't come by me to many times though because he's tempting.

11. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    That's alright buddy, I'd rather see a deer get bigger then just shooting it for a bragging contest! I passed a lil 7 maybe 8 the other night for the same reason!

12. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    I like this team! Consider me a fan! Go get em fellas!!

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    best i could do over the weekend was this big ol doe guys.......i didnt see a buck.........yet......:D

Attached Files:

14. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    I got us a few points over the last week boys I'll post up pics later. :wave:

Edit: Pics now included

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014