Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm drinking coffee and waiting another 1/2 hour til I go trail it, but had a complete pass through at 30 yards.
Believe he's a 2 1/2 8 point been hanging around lately. Not want I wanted, but is what I'll take!
More to come later.:cheers:

·
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. He is a 2 1/2 8pt. Last night while working on my shed, my wife calls me and tells me there are 2 bucks sparring in the front yard. I grab the bow, hoping to pull a Jenny:)D) and go around front... pull back on this guy, and don't see my peep! It had slipped up.
Slid it down, off he went. Shot once to check bow, went back to the shed.
This morning I'm walking to the stand, and hear two bucks sparring in the woods about 50 yards away... not a slobbering, tear-it-up fight... a spar.
I climbed into the ladder stand, got situated, and gave a coupla grunts, even though it was still too dark to see much.
About 5 minutes later, this guy walks out. I couldn't tell how much about him for about 10 minutes. But as it got lighter, I could see more. We had an east/SE wind this morning, and had he walked another 10 yards or so, I was afraid he'd wind me, so I decided to take the shot. I was pretty sure he was the guy from last night.
Stood up, had already decided on the 30 pin, looked outside the sight once to make sure I was where I wanted to be, and shot.
It sounded like lung (that hollow thud) and off he went to the south. I didn't hear him beyond about 50 yards but i've got chipped paths for him to run that are quiet.
I decided to wait one hour, and did a pretty good job in the stand for 1/2 hour, then got down to look for the arrow. Found it stuck in the ground pretty well. Good blood on it. Went to get coffee and calm down.
He fell 50 yards away. No blood at all except for the last 10 yards. Go figger. Double lunged.

·
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, yeah... G5 entry hole. Urban Deer Recovery.

[file]80333[/file] [file]80334[/file]

[file]80336[/file]

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Congrats on the buck, but if he's not what you wanted, you could have passed and he could have been what you wanted next year. Only way to get tthe ones you want is to let them go if they aren't what you want when they come by! Congrats on the kill.

·
In Mourning ___ Save the Ninja
4,988 Posts
Lots of honey suckle in the background

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
ALRIGHT MARK!!!:claphands::claphands:

Great shootin!Anybody else havin any luck your way?

Oh yeah....That is some deer haulin in style.I guess the boss gets to bring home all the cool toys!
Speakin of which...I need to borrow a bucket truck so I can hunt this one thicket!:D

·
10,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sidewinder, between the highways and the poachers, I've decided to harvest tomorrow's trophies today... I'm tired of seeing the one I waited on for next year in the back of someone's truck last week.
I had a neighbor tell me yesterday that he shot a "coupla good bucks two weeks ago". I said, "I didn't know you bow hunted". He said, "Yeah, I do that too".

·
Registered
69,766 Posts
It's a good thing you got your buck out when you did.....That Cooncat would have devoured that dude in no time.

[file]80512[/file]

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
How much $ do you want for that deer trailing cat????????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts