Team #12

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by bvp81, Oct 27, 2015.

1. bvp81

bvp81 Active Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Chaffee, Mo
    Hey guys, I just read the post above about how no one is doing the team threads this year, so I'll start it off. I see several of the team members are already on the board and I got on the board last evening. Let's continue to put some deer on the ground and win this thing. Good luck guys.

2. BrewMo

BrewMo Active Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Jeff Co.
    Congrats on a great buck!
    I will be heading to the farm for a week starting on the 1st so hoping to add something more.

3. courtois

courtois New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    2nd that on a great buck! Team 12 is off to a great start.

Hope you have a great week in the woods, BrewMo!

This weekend I'm home, but will get back out the next two.

Seems like things are picking up; there's been more roadkill in the past week since the moon was full.

Safe hunting to you all!

4. bvp81

bvp81 Active Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Chaffee, Mo
    Put a nice doe down yesterday. Probably it with a bow until after gun season. Heading to deer camp Friday for 5 days of cold beer, good food and probably some hunting. Hope to put another good buck on the ground. Good luck guys.

5. courtois

courtois New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Nice doe there, bvp!

Last weekend in Crawford Co. I was in the stand all day Saturday and until the afternoon on Sunday. There was not as much movement as I'd expected, much less than the same weekend last year. In bow range I had 2 buttons, a doe fawn, spike and four pointer but elected to pass on all hoping for a big boy to show up Sunday. Sunday was slow with a four pointer being the only deer seen that day.

Yesterday I headed up to a new stand site in Lincoln Co. overlooking the Cuivre. There was definitely a lot more action. Saw a coyote just before shooting light as well as 6 does and two bucks. I pulled the trigger on a nice 8 that I'd guess to be three years old.

The weekend after Thanksgiving I'm hoping to get back out again.

Hope you guys are all having some great sits this weekend!!

Glad to see Sully punched a tag too! Looks like all four members of Team 12 are now on the board. Way to go Team!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  6. BrewMo

BrewMo Active Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Jeff Co.
    You guys are layin em down...lol.:D
    Courtois, Awesome old Ford in your buck picture.

7. courtois

courtois New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Hey, thanks, BrewMo. It's a great old truck, still strong. A 1975 F100 4x4 Explorer with 390.

Hope everyone out there has a great weekend in the woods!

8. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Thanksgiving over ...soon as the rain lets up I'll be back on the bow !

9. courtois

courtois New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Way to get it done, Sully! That 12 is a really fine looking buck.

As is the other one and those your crew tagged. You've got some good ones running around out there.

I'm still holding two Any Deer tags and some Antlerless as well and am hoping to climb back in the stand next weekend.

As we all know, anything can happen in the deer woods, but it's looking like Team 12 could stay in the top 5. Way to go, Team! Safe hunting to everyone out there!!