Team 10

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by talonfoe, Sep 15, 2013.

1. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Talonfoe have you been out lately??

2. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    It wont be long now...

3. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Sorry lock my account awhile back. No haven't been out much. Did drop a doe last night got her today. Found my buck for next weekend.... I hope. If road hunters don't get him opening day, or before. Having issues with phone and pics.

4. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Think I went out Mon and didn't see anything sitting. A doe was high tailing it NE across field. 2-3 mins later a buck was dogging her, ignored me like I was a weed in the field. Got him stopped 1 or 2 times but at 50+yds. He trailed her into the next field with over growth. So I kept going. Was watching below stand I was in cuz 3-4 bucks there on occasion. Hear something in front of me and turn, that **** buck was 10 yds and moving at me. He veered but kept going. Hallf thought he was gonna run me down. He kept going 150yds to his bedding area.
    Never had 1 do that before. Perhaps my camop is really good. Figured a bull in next field spooked him. But yesterday going save a wife with a flat I saw a massive buck about 400yds from the near run down. Maybe it wasn't a bull. Either way I have a ideal buck for rifle season.
    Dunno if I'll get him under a stand for bow but I can wish. But figured would wait and let wife and kids get a day or two out in da woods before shooting anything else. Unless I see that buck next w/e. I'll sit and watch deer movement for the kids and wife. She works and the kids that wanna hunt will all be away this W/E. So its after school hunts til the 2nd weekend of the season. But wife has a week off, just not the opener.
    My theory is she got the decent buck last season, daughter got a small 1 and I just took a doe. My turn for horns. But even if it don't happen I'll still enjoy the time out.
    Will try to post more in coming season.

5. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    i GOT BUSTED BY EIGHT slicks from all directions fri am. I really need to get the climber out and just deal with limited shooting lanes. haven't seen any chasing, but my buddy has had alot of action. My next chance is Mon am...get 'em guys!

6. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Seen but 1 buck so far and few does, yearlings. Otherwise can't seem to see anything going less than 900 MPH and flagged.

7. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    IT LOOKED HEALTHY UNTIL SKINNED...one sick buck with busted antlers on the board, total right rump abcess, pus spewing out like a volcano. He must have been septic. IMO meat unfit to eat, stanky . Meat went to coyotes, I thought it was a doe. I really wanted some meat for the freezer. I will call MDC agent to see if they want to do testing on this buck..

8. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    1 doe by x bow added...come on late alt. season...

9. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    45th place , not bad for a slow season....:D