Team 10

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by talonfoe, Sep 15, 2013.

1. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Hey all. No good news from me just saw 1 doe post dawn. Anyone see anything better?

2. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    [rquote=2945983&tid=204335&author=talonfoe]Hey all. No good news from me just saw 1 doe post dawn. Anyone see anything better? [/rquote]

Working at the station until 7:00am tomorrow but going to try my luck tomorrow afternoon. Going to head north either Wed. or Fri.

3. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    i'LL HOPEFULLY BE OUT SOON. good luck all, bust a big one or anything:cheers:

4. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Got out for a bit tonight seen 4 doe's but 50 yards was the best they would do for me and it was through some brush. Will try my luck again tomorrow. Does everyone on our team bow hunt?

5. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Looks like at least 3 of us do. Got down 5 minutes to early last night. Got spotted by a doe that was in stand blind spot. She was facing away until I saw her. Don't think she saw me exit stand just popped into clearing. Good wind she stomper for a couple minutes before she decided I was bad. Only deer I saw last night.

Got blown by 1 this AM on way to stand. Got real wet and was home by 7 am. Hoping back out tonight.

6. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Hey all it looks like 105 points won this thing last year so I figure we all just need to go out there and get about 30 points each. That should be easy enough a couple 8 pointers with our bow's for each of us and we got it. Anything else is just gravy. Like the 14 pointer I have on camera from Jan 28th of this year so I know he wasn't killed by a legal hunter and I have pictures of him 3 years in a row but not yet this year. The good news is the earliest picture I have of him in the 3 years was the 3rd of Dec. so hopefully he will be back.

7. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
  8. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    :trophy: Its in da bag......

Soon as I see a deer within range....... Did see about 50 turkeys today going to stand. Then kids 200 yards from my stand, just as I get out tonight light off about 4 bricks of black cats tonight. Maybe I'll go east side tomorrow evening and try ground hunt and find a suitable tree for my hang on after I replace a cable that popped yesterday when I was in it.

Maybe the other side will have more movement. few hundred acres of beans bordering it.

9. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Had to take the boy to football practice tonight so couldn't get in the stand but on the way home we made the lap around the bean fields by the football field. We counted 39 deer in the beans 13 of them were bucks. One was about a 150 ten and another was about a 140 ten several 110 to 120 eight's and a few fork's. My son said I need to climb in a stand bad.

10. Big_Bullseye

Big_Bullseye Honey Badger Phat Sack

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    Hey guys - Well I was supposed to get out Sunday but my wife's granny died early Saturday morning so we had to head down to Kentucky for the funeral.

Just got back and I will be in the stand Friday night, Saturday night and likely two sessions on Sunday. Have some nice bucks on camera and I am going to be a little picky early season.

However I have some good prospects for the season as this is my plan.

I will bow hunt at least three to 5 times per week chasing 3 bucks I have on camera. For the rifle opener I am taking a customer on a guided hunt in Nebraska at a place called Hunt Nebraska Inc. I have bird hunted there for the last 8 years mostly for work and I have bow hunted early season a few times for free as a friend owns it. Haven't killed anything but skin heads there but I have never hunted the rut and never hunted with a rifle there. They always put down a couple 150 to 170" bucks so I have my fingers crossed.

After that I have taken off work the rest of the gun season in MO (last 5 or 6 days) and I will likely be up in Clark County for that or local around Franklin County as I have 4 or 5 farms that I hunt.

So that's the plan.

And between all that I will be taking out my twin 10 year old boys on the youth hunt and maybe taking my 20 year old son along on some bow hunts.

Looking forward to the updates and posting what I have seen.

Good luck team 10.

11. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Looks like whole team bow hunts. Could make some great pts. :claphands: Last year 1 of 2 very nice bucks was taking not far from me very unethically. Hoping his counter part still in area. Prior to gun season I will try to hit his area hard and see if I can find him again. Also have a very large company farm we can hunt but wife must be with me to hunt it. She took off the gun season cept open w/e and we plan on hitting that a bunch. Got her 9 pt last year there.
    In the 2nd week.
    Woulda had an 8 same time but think I really need work on getting 06 dialed in. An aquantince took a 15 pt from there a few years ago. We got the meat, and a pic of my oldest holding its head.

Hoping get out as much as possible but stay at home dad with disability sometimes interferes with ideas. Have 2 of the kids that want to hunt youth this season. So I'll be out there that w/e. Last year daughter got her 1st deer/buck which was nice. They have a local BB contest every year with all entries getting prizes. Maybe 1/2 actually shot their own I think. She was dead last with a 7 pt but was really happy. The boy that wants to go just wants to see something he can try for. When we went out last year we saw 1 flag and that was it.

Hoping the deer will pick up movement soon. Might have to jump the other 3 tracts see if I see some shooter bucks before kid that has rifle permissions go willy nilly on them.

12. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    good team, we just have to get er done.
    Its been 10 seasons since my biggest deer, so i'm due. :cheers:

13. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Gonna hit some of my East side area tonight. Accidently jumped a doe/fawn from bedding last week looking for a stand tree. Seems this wind (Lately South) just throws all my ideas off. 90% of the time we have west wind and that's how I planned most hunt areas.

But parking is on NE side of field, wooded ditch thru center.

14. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    I'm out on 90+ degree hunting even if there's a steady wind like the one I have right now in the perfect direction for one of my stands. I did however go out today to my food plot and assembled a new two man ladder stand so my boy can hunt over his hard work. It is now fully assembled and laying there waiting for me to stand it up and brush it in tomorrow when a buddy comes over to help me. On another good note, I have baby turnips popping up all over my plot from last weeks broadcasting and this weekends rain. Should make for some great late season action since it will be the only food source other than weeds and acorns for about 4 miles in any direction. Waiting for another week or two to for the weather to cool down and then heading north to chase some cwd deer.

15. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    Who's going to be the first one to step up and put us on the board????

16. talonfoe

talonfoe New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NE Mo
    Not for the lack of desire or trying. Talked to neighbor kid that hunts every nite, he's only seen a few does since season open like me. With none being in range. Have the kids this W/E since oldest and wife work. So might be able to get some evenin time in but thats about it.

17. FatDan

FatDan Active Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Kansas City North
    It's starting to feel like deer season out there I have royals tickets for tonight but thinking about heading to the stand and putting the game on dvr.

18. Big_Bullseye

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    [rquote=2950517&tid=204335&author=FatDan]Who's going to be the first one to step up and put us on the board????[/rquote]

I am heading out tonight.

Stand by.

new farm I have never hunted, 325 Acres that has zero pressure on it and supposedly has a good amount of deer on it including a couple bigguns.

19. X Bow T

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
  20. Big_Bullseye

Nov 2, 2004
    Franklin County
    Nada. Saw a few skinheads right after dark. Be back out tonight on a different farm.