Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great teal opener. My pups very first hunt and he went 9 for 9 on all water retrieves. Proud pup poppa for sure. 9 birds for two guys pretty solid. Had easy limit opportunity but conservation agents came up on us at 7:30 and checked everything we had and gave us 20 questions trying to catch us but we follow the letter of the law. Think they were targeting guys that shot before legal which there were plenty of as usual. Great to be in the marsh and my custom teal calls turned several bunches into our spread. Cant wait to see how the pup comes along.
Water Dog Dog breed Carnivore Lake

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah im a big fan of conservation efforts but they were there for 20 minutes and we had several groups of teal land in the spread. It was abundantly clear we were doing everything the right way. Think it was a newer agent and she was being reviewed by senior agent. Either way a memorable hunt. Now i need an agent decoys cause birds always come right in every time im being checked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know that is right. Knock on wood though I have had some pretty good luck with the agents at conservation areas. Typically they are waiting in the parking lot when you get back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts