Taxidermy Help

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by buckbuster14, Feb 8, 2006.

1. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    Hey,
    I'm 14 years old and in a little while I'm gonna be entering the big world. I'm looking into taxidermy. I have a school project coming up soon and i have to be an apprentice for someone. I was hopeing that i could get some advice on who to job shadow. I only live in Moberly so it kinda needs to be within 20 or 30 miles.
    Thanks,
    buckbuster14

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Whelp im no help to you.. and usually noone else.. :hysterical: but, good luck and hope ya enjoy it! :cheers:

3. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    well i little farther away to, but i know there is a taxidermist in moberly.i bet if you give him a call he would be happy to have a assistant for a day.if not come on down.

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    By golly... I am impressed with your aspirations... Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

5. xxx

xxx Guest

Buckbuster14.......... Have I got a deal for you........

I just finished a call with Ron Thompson of Mid Missouri Taxidermy here in Moberly and he said it would be just fine if you wanted to hook up with him for a day........

here is his website address with all the info you might need....

http://missouriwhitetails.com/mid-mo_taxidermy.htm

He said it would be ok to call him at home too if you needed to. He is listed in the book....

Good luck bud......:cheers::cheers:

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    And.. keep us posted. I would like to hear of your experiences !:banana:

7. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    Well thanks guys and gals i will try those out. I will keep you posted on my progress.

8. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
  9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Sounds like a great school project !

Good luck !

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

And dont' forget to take pics...we like pics!!!

11. ron is great i just got my deer back last week and he did a fabulous job!:cheers::cheers:

12. stinkpickle

stinkpickle New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Contact John McGee @ 660-332-4948. He's the president of the Missouri Taxidermists Association. I'm sure he'd help you find several good mentors in your area. I know he's taken in several people who were interested in mounting fish. Good luck.

13. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO