Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a call up to a Guy in Cooper County he said it was slow up there all they had killed was a Doe Archery Hunting.He did say a Girl up there killed a 24 point Buck.

I remember hunting up there one time seeing over 75 Deer in a herd.Just can't see numbers being that low.

oneshot

:D And the Big Grin thought it was slow here.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Oneshot,my parents live very near Cooper County in Moniteau.Near Prarie Home and Wooldridge area.
They have really seen a decline in deer populations.And the turkeys as well.

About 4-7 yrs ago there was a pretty bed case of EHD.Just across the river one year at Eagle Bluffs I found 78 dead deer while shed hunting.
Ever since then the deer had never been the same near the river.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1488449&tid=103971&author=SHEDHEAD]Oneshot,my parents live very near Cooper County in Moniteau.Near Prarie Home and Wooldridge area.
They have really seen a decline in deer populations.And the turkeys as well.

About 4-7 yrs ago there was a pretty bed case of EHD.Just across the river one year at Eagle Bluffs I found 78 dead deer while shed hunting.
Ever since then the deer had never been the same near the river.[/rquote]

Just so hard to believe.I hunted West of Boonville they were so bad we could get Unlimited Tags,didn't have to shoot any just follow some Guys around and pick up the ones they couldn't find.

I hunted Prarie Home CA people always had trouble getting Deer there but I always did.But like I told them they couldn't kill them in camp.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin was already to go up there but forget it now.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Never have been deer huntin at Prairie Home WA but done alot of rabbit huntin there...
There is alot of deer but a TON of hunters as well.

imo.There is still many deer down there but they are more concentrated in particular areas than just spread out.

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1488662&tid=103971&author=SHEDHEAD]Never have been deer huntin at Prairie Home WA but done alot of rabbit huntin there...
There is alot of deer but a TON of hunters as well.

imo.There is still many deer down there but they are more concentrated in particular areas than just spread out.[/rquote]

I always hunted mainly at the other end of the Power Line.Rabbit hunted there too but liked Fortuna better.

oneshot
:D Dad get the Big Grin a Rabbit Doggy.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Prairie home has a good horse trail. :D

The areas I hunt in Cooper are consistently inconsistent. I'll see a deer or few every year for the few days I get out up here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts