Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved to Missouri last year, so I still follow-up on a couple of forums from back east. This was posted on earlier today with regards to a guy trying to obtain his pistol permit in New York!

"I picked up my pistol permit application in Dutchess County New York last month. Got my 4 references in support of my application to fill out a questionnaire, signed and notarized. Filled out the application in triplicate. I called the pistol licensing bureau this past Thursday to schedule an appointment to submit the completed application and get fingerprinted, etc... Well the lady says the first available appointment is 1:00PM on May 18th. HUH? I said "nothing tomorrow?". She laughed. Apparently they are very busy. What makes it worse is that it can take 2 to 4 months from the date submitted until it gets approved. Now that's a waiting period."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!??!!? :confused::eek::eek::confused:

I guess that is why Plaxico Burress never bothered to get a permit.......:whistle::scared:

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
He might just as well get his permit in another state if there is reciprocity.

·
Registered
70,334 Posts
That right there is why there are so many guns sold out of trunks of cars. Why wait the months and months and fill out all that paperwork when you can just get one in 5 minutes from under a guys coat.

Just to make it Political even more....same goes for Illegal Aliens coming to the US. Easier to just sneak in and blend with the masses.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1556930&tid=108311&author=rat]He might just as well get his permit in another state if there is reciprocity.[/rquote]

NO CAN DO! New York is a state that requires you to get a seperate license. I think in Buress' situation he had a permit in Florida where he lived in the offseason, but not in NY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.