Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is the second youth hunt next weekend gotta get my boy on some deer. I pretty sure I got it all on my land would you hunt the deep draws or the ridges or the plots or where would you hunt next weekend? I have a variety of places to hunt and I guess I am not as good of a deer hunter as I thought I was cuz I cant find them. Here is a pic the yellow spots are the stands with a couple exceptions bcuz of the stands i have moved.

[file]45185[/file]

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Guessing off a map prolly isnt gonna work great. Need to know where they are feeding. And which direction the are entering the feed source from. If we knew what was planted in the fields surrounding you, and where they generally bed we could prolly help you a little more.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
corn pile 300 yrds away, just kidding of cours, looks like you got some ridges might try them in the AM

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I gotta figure out a way to keep them from the crops around me that guy has only benn planting crops around us for the last 3 or 4 yrs and it has been tough since he started. I need a reason to keep them on us and I dont have a unlimited supply of resources to do it.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Nice looking place you got there, can find trails from you to his plots? maybe cut them off before they get to him, you can take advantage of his plots

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Wow good lookin place ya got there, how many acres?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
475acres yeah there is trails everywhere just hard to be on the right one at the right time. we used to have anywhwere from 7 to 10 guys huntin this and the past few years there has maybe been 5 tops and we are all crammed together. Next yaer will be different gonna put some new roads in and some new stands.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There has been more deer sign this year than I have ever seen in the 9 years I have been huntin this and there has been two deer killed there this year one of which was killed 150 yards from where we camp and my 16 yr old boy killed an old 6pt with his bow. I not sure what is going on down there I think the deer have patterned us instead of us patterning them. Wow to be beat be a 4 legged creature

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Just remember little guys cant walk as fare as us adults can. Especially if they a real young youngster.

Like you i not usually good at picking hunting spots. But food plots are always a win choise in my opinion.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will give the boy his due we walked forever and still nothing we jumped 2 and his words were lets get them I am not goin down without a fight we did and nothing. I will put a pic up of him after goin aftr them but I will have to resize he dropped after we came outta the woods.

[file]45191[/file]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We went after them there was 2 deer, we were on them hard but wow it was some tough terrian I was proud of him he took me places I would have never went. Thanks to him I found a spot we will hunt this coming weekend I moved a stand there 2 weeks ago hopefully it works out for him

·
17,685 Posts
:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

That pic is priceless:2thumbsup:I remember bout 4 years ago My son and I and 4 other adults went to truman to go crappie fishing and mushroom hunting. Well mushrooms sucked, but the fish were bitting good. When we got done cleaning fish and stuff it was around 9:30 p.m. got a bite for supper in Warsaw and headed for the cabin in Stover (our cabin) to spend the night and fish Loz the next day. As soon as we got in the truck my son was asleep, woke him up when we got to the cabin and told him to go to the bathroom and get ready for bed, he said "dad I'm to tired to pea, I'll go tomorrow":rof2::rof2: Going hunting and fishing with our kids is awsome I think:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there is nothing better than taking the kids hunting. I remember when I used to stay up all night gettin ready for the big hunt. I told my buddy I am so excited for this weekend and I dont even get to take a gun there will be 2 kids huntin that have never shot a deer and one that shot 1 last year and I am so excited to get these kids in the woods its not even funny. I love it kidsd spendin time in the woods instead of playin xbox or wii I am all about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is nothing better than spending time in the woods or on the lake with your kids I took my kids to minnesota last year fishing and it was awesome I wish more people would take there kids hunting or fishing the world would be alot better place. Thats why I cannot tell letemgrow what a wonderful thing he has done by opening his place up for kids to enjoy the excitement of hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts