Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buckle up boys and girls! Rabbit hunting just became AWESOME! Anyone interested in a VECtor Customs atlatl?! I'm NOT kidding! I'm GOING to make one, and I'm GOING to be hunting with it!

Don't know what an atlatl is?! CHECK IT OUT! THEY'RE AWESOME!

(this was on the last news release about the latest rules MDC has approved.....same place where the third week of April turkey season came from. You can email them and get put on the list, and they'll send it to your email.)

* "Approve the use of atlatls for taking small game and nongame fish, effective March 1, 2007."

ITS ON! YESSSSSS!

Pennsylvania just passed it to where you can use atlatls for deer hunting!

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fireman.....looking back at old posts, it looks like you may know who I should contact to try one of these out.

Parker

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I want to see the pics after the hunt. That is cool. :cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Here's a link to a lot of different kinds for sale.

http://www.thunderbirdatlatl.com/catalog/catalog.html

I wonder how I'm going to go about this......I don't know what kind will fit me best!

Parker
I can hook ya up with a guy and his son who make a ton of em every year for MoJam...the spears and throwers both!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Originally posted by Parker
Here's a link to a lot of different kinds for sale.

http://www.thunderbirdatlatl.com/catalog/catalog.html

I wonder how I'm going to go about this......I don't know what kind will fit me best!

Parker
I can hook ya up with a guy and his son who make a ton of em every year for MoJam...the spears and throwers both!!!
Does he make ones that are up to the grade of hunting with, or just for fun? Yes, please U2U me his information. I'm serious about this.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Keith
I want to see the pics after the hunt. That is cool. :cheers:
:cheers: YEAH! I'd have to put that pic on the wall! You get a rabbit with one of those, you may have to have it stuffed! :cheers:

Parker

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Holy smokes Parker is pumped.

paleohunter might have some good info. too on this Parker.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Hayzer
Holy smokes Parker is pumped.

VERY true. You available for a phone call? If so, U2U me the number I should call.

Parker

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I read about this awhile back and seem's very interesting indeed and something that might worth trying. If I could figure out how to squeeze in another hobbie ;).

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
The fellers name is Terry Barnett, from Macon....works at ConAgra...maybe Pinwheel can help with a phone number. His boy.....is not a small kid, and the ones he makes would break real quick if they weren't suitable for huntin!!! Terry is a cool guy, into trad archery, has even done the spear/knife thing on a big ole hog a few years back!!! I would think a smaller, lighter dart would be more suitable for small game, and maybe even more controllable, a bit more accurate too? I'd want a big, heavy dart for the fishin....When does the new rule go into effect??? I'm goin Atlatl fishin!!!!!

I gots an idea for your new VECtor Atlatlfishin Tshirt........Fish like a CAVEMAN!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I'm goin Atlatl fishin!!!!!

I gots an idea for your new VECtor Atlatlfishin Tshirt........Fish like a CAVEMAN!!!!!!
I think I could get into that as well. Throwin' darts at rollin' gar oughta be fun.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by swmo
I'm goin Atlatl fishin!!!!!

I think I could get into that as well. Throwin' darts at rollin' gar oughta be fun.
No doubt, or a big ole spawnin carp or buffalo....bout 40 lbs or so outta be a tussle on the end of a stick!!! We just might give them Muzzy boys a run for thier money....lol

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

HAHAHAHA! CHEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEE AND RRIIIIIIIIIICE! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by semodeerhunter
Originally posted by Hayzer

Beat me to it He had one at the pheasant hunt this spring. I would defnately be a challenge.
Cool. I'll give him a holler. I KNOW he'll be able to help me out then. He's full of good info.

Parker

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.