Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the good information on the D-String I remembered that I had an old T type release somewhere in my garage. I found it just now and I wonder if it is compairable to the ones that are sold now. Instead of buying a T release for $50 plus is this one alright to use. I don't even know if they are made anymore. It is a "HOT SHOT" brand made by Stuart Mfg. Co. out of Rockwall Texas. I'm not going to test it out yet until I get a D-String installed. I bought it at least 25 years ago when I bought my first compound bow. I do believe that this is one of the first release aids ever made as much as I can remember. I need your pro's and con's on its future use.

Attachments

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,529 Posts
It will display well in your trophy room, to be reflected back upon at a later point in life as a fond memory.:hysterical:

Seriously mailman, I'm afraid you'll be very disapointed with your shooting with that release. It will affect arrow flight & as you get a bit better, it'll cause anticipation of the shot (target panic)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Mailman.....that EXACT release is responsible for the record at the Vegas Indoor shoot that has stood for I believe about 20 years.

It's one of the best EVER made for the money.

I used to have one just like it but the internal parts had been polished. I sold it, I wish I had it back. If you put the D-loop on, you are in business.

:cheers:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Mailman, I still use the same release as that, except mine does not clip on it has a rope. People are paying $100 or more for a release that is very similar to that. It has an adjustable trigger weight and is just an all around great release. I actually have 2 of them but like I said they both have rope on them. Here's a newer version of them.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Yea Mailman, I have a couple of those old releases myself. They were pretty common a few years back. I carried mine as a backup to my wrist release til I laid up the bow a few years back.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mailman I use a Jim Dandy, I think it is made by Fletcher, I got it after I started shooting a loop,, the loop added about 1/2 inch to my draw, with this release I was able to get back that 1/2 inch do to the design of the release, I hope this helps, I'm no expert, I shot with fingers only untill about 4 yrs ago and have only used for brands of releases since then , and this is the only one I liked. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.