Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a thing for Thompson Encores and Contenders since I first shot one over 20 years ago. Now I have the opportunity to get one of my own. I'm thinking about starting with a 209/50 muzzle loader. Doing a search online I came across a dealer called E. Arthur Brown.

Have any of you guys done business with them? They have some nice packages.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
I don't know anything about Brown, but I've had a Contender for about 12 yrs now, and love it!!!! I have a 12" ported bull barrel in 3030, and an 18" .223, youth model carbine...both shoot better'n I can!!!!

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
MT I have an almost new 209-45 SS barrel that I will sell for $180 shipped. Has fiber optic sights and scope mounts. Buy the frame only and then the synthetic stock set Ourway has for sale for $50 and you'll save yerself some money.

Jack

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Center Punch
What about these people are making you think you'd like to work with them?
I like the variety of stock and custom made guns they offer, the aftermarket work they'll do, and their price. Do you know something else about them we all should know? :confused:

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
EABCO makes some awfully nice stuff, some of it is one-of-a-kind and really good, especially their custom rifles and that single-shot pistol, BUT, I have heard that delivery after order was sometimes slow, painfully slow. Their conversion for 10/22s to .17HM2 is just about the ONLY one that works well, without problems. If you like their stuff, you're in good company, they make good stuff.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
MT I have an almost new 209-45 SS barrel that I will sell for $180 shipped. Has fiber optic sights and scope mounts. Buy the frame only and then the synthetic stock set Ourway has for sale for $50 and you'll save yerself some money.

Jack
This is a great deal folks... Guess you only need the action after this.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Center Punch
Nope Twain. I don't. I was just wanting to better understand what you were doing to see if there were any advantages with piecing an Encore M/L together.
Mike I am the one who suggested he by the gun in parts and put it together. My price on my barrel is about $100 below what Ultimate Outdoors sells them for. Ourway's price on his synthetic is about $35 cheaper than Ultimate Outdoors. I was just trying to show MT a way to save a few bucks.

Jack

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
So did ya sell the stock? :D For some reason I thought you had already sold it.:bangin: I need to pay better attention.

Jack

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
MT have you have an FFL 01 you are friendly with you might also consider looking at Midway.

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.