Swope Park managed hunt, first day

Discussion in 'Special Hunts' started by UrbanHunter, Nov 8, 2010.

1. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

Lots of deer by the River. Not much wind low. Guy close by killed a doe. I wanted the old long nose in a group of 5. Couldn't seal the deal. Saw an 8 point jump right in the middle of the river to go get in a fight two others were having.
    :cheers:
    All in all, big fun, but no deer... yet. :claphands:

2. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Is this a managed hunt? Where you hunting?

3. UrbanHunter

Sorry, had a case of the hurries this afternoon. I edited it.
    Killed a button this afternoon, right at darkish. Thought he was an orphan from the doe killed this am. He cooperated, and ran almost to the top of the hill... short drag.
    I don't think there are any bad spots in this park... but if there are, I'll find 'em!:whinging:

4. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Did MoBowman get to hunt today? They have been talking about the hunt on TV and radio all day. They say its to hot for deer movement but action should pick up this weekend when the temps get back down to normal.

Mark....did you see any picketers?

5. UrbanHunter

No picketers. They told us they'd enforce the harassment law if need be. They have a huge sign right on Gregory announcing the hunt. No one seems to mind (except the golf course supers).

6. UrbanHunter

I think MoBowman's out of town for a week. Won't be any deer left when he gets back:rof2::scared:

7. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO