Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
Saw it again this morning on the news.

I remember after graduating college in the late 80's interviewing with Walt Crawford out there for a job.
He had a parrot on his shoulder the entire time. :D

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
[rquote=1511299&tid=105423&author=rat]Saw it again this morning on the news.

I remember after graduating college in the late 80's interviewing with Walt Crawford out there for a job.
He had a parrot on his shoulder the entire time. :D[/rquote]

:scared: did he call you..... Rrrrrrrrrat

·
17,674 Posts
Seems like every year someone gets busted doing this saying they thought they were snow geese. 5' neck vs. 6" neck. Hmmmm.:toilet:

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
[rquote=1511305&tid=105423&author=hunter7x][rquote=1511299&tid=105423&author=rat]Saw it again this morning on the news.

He had a parrot on his shoulder the entire time. :D[/rquote]

:scared: did he call you..... Rrrrrrrrrat [/rquote]

Aye matey. :D:D

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
These birds were not "mis-identified", they were shot by pellet guns, which means they were shot by a couple guys/kids with pellet guns that probably didnt realize the significance of what they were doing. :toilet:

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
The news story said they were misidentified by two hunters at BK Leach and turned in by other hunters nearby.

Said it was a case of hunters not properly identifying their targets.

I bet they know what a trumpeter swan looks like now... and they'll likely know firsthand how much it cost to put a splint in a wing.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1511360&tid=105423&author=rat]The news story said they were misidentified by two hunters at BK Leach and turned in by other hunters nearby.

I bet they know what a trumpeter swan looks like now... and they'll likely know firsthand how much it cost to put a splint in a wing. [/rquote]

BK Leach, that is up by Elsberry and no where near Winfield. I thought the birds were shot near Winfield, unless I misunderstood and the hunters were from Winfield. :confused:

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
[rquote=1511363&tid=105423&author=BioBuck][rquote=1511360&tid=105423&author=rat]The news story said they were misidentified by two hunters at BK Leach and turned in by other hunters nearby.

I bet they know what a trumpeter swan looks like now... and they'll likely know firsthand how much it cost to put a splint in a wing. [/rquote]

BK Leach, that is up by Elsberry and no where near Winfield. I thought the birds were shot near Winfield, unless I misunderstood and the hunters were from Winfield. :confused:[/rquote]
I'm going by what was on KSDKs broadcast video embedded to the right in the link you provided.
Mike Garrity reporting from the world bird sanctuary.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Under appreciated
91,818 Posts
I had no idea and I'm glad you posted it. I just caught the tail end of the story this morning and this gave me a chance to see it. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I would like to some day see a season for swans in the midwest, but if these idgets keep shootin em it'll never happen. Keep it up I can see where they'll be shuttin down areas for refuge just like they do when the sandhill cranes show up. Then how mad are you fellas gonna be?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know it is against the law to hunt swans in Missouri and I agree these two should be brought to justice.

However when it is legal to hunt them in SC an SD from what I know probally other states as well. I do not understand spending 10 grand to fix a bird that is legal to hunt down the way in the US seems silly to me. I would rather see the 10k go to habitat restoration.

We need to respect and appreciate animals and not humanize them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.