Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to load everything up and head up to Swan Lake Friday morning early. Set up camp and attend the pre-hunt orientation. Gonna be a little chilly for the tents but we will make it. Good luck to anyone else going for the smokepole hunt also. It has been a slow year for us on filling the freezer so Sunday at noon it will be anything goes.:cheers:

·
2,842 Posts
Get to the orientation brief early!! Last year they changed the rules and let us on the land early. It defintiely paid to be sitting around there early. They will also have you put stick pins on a map of where you are hutning to give other people an idea of how many guys are there. There was not a limit of how many stick pins you placed either. Some guys put 5 pins in the map for extra spots. It will be like opening day, hunt all day deer will be running EVERWHERE!!! Guarenteed. I saw over 100 setting my stands on Friday. That is NOT an exageration either. I was tagged out at 0930 Sat morning

·
Registered
21,280 Posts
Good luck hobo. :cheers:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
Good luck....you hunting east or west??

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
East. I heard the West is better. Rangerdvr what side did you hunt????

·
2,842 Posts
West, go to the Swan Lake headquarters and talk to John, ask him where on the East he's seeing good bucks. Listen too him, from my experiences he was dead on.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Good luck, I am sure you are in for the hunt of a lifetime. One of these years I hope to get in up there too:cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
you lucky sucker,kill a biggun:cheers:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys. Ya I called Alan and talked to him a bit tonight but he is on the West side. I have a plan but I am not to sure everyone else doesnt have the same plan.:cheers: I guess I will just hunt and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Guess I will see you at the meeting although I am in on the west side :banana-man-yeah:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts