Super Bowl Snooze...

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by caf4, Feb 6, 2006.

1. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Was it just me or did last night's Super Bowl just seem boring beyond belief. Not just the game, but the commercials in general, that pathetic halftime show, even the post game stuff. Just seemed like it had "zero energy".

On top of all of that, I waited up to watch "Greys Anatomy" and the STL ABC station delayed it for an hour so that 3 inane local goobers could give us their thoughts on the Super Bowl and other earth shattering sports news like Mike Martz and Billiken basketball.... :mad:
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    My wife is still complaining because she did not see the last half and has no clue what happened at the end! Now she has me wondering, they best play it again!

3. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Nicholas...the end added insult to injury as it is a "to be continued" episode for next week.... :whinging:
  4. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
  5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I did not watch the SuperBowl. A big bunch of hype for what? Sheer boredom.

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    It wasn't just you ~ it was BORING.

I'm not a big sports fan, but I usually enjoy watching the Super Bowl.

I was looking forward to the commercials too, but even they tanked...

7. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Even though I coulda cared less, I thought the game was GREAT! Might have had something to do with my "attitude." :wink4: But the fact that I had just netted $1300 on a card game that was over at half time prolly din't hurt either. :D
  8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    i agree, the commercials were less then lackluster... the game, i actually enjoyed it. Was a good defensive battle. Some like seeing high scoring high flying games, and of which are usually one sided so you know whos gonna win before the half is up. However, to me, it seemed as tho, it was a good defensive game...
  9. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    I picked the Steeers 24 -17... was'nt too far off. my Friend thought it'd be the Seahawks 17-14. Should've made the $5 bet with him... I'd of won. :pop:

At first the Seahawks was playing the best, and shutting down the Steelers. That quarterback sneak... I thought the Ball touched the plane of the Goal Line when he was up high in the Air. Did'nt think they'd reverse the call, as it was pretty inclusive. I was shocked when right before that, when they made the 3rd and 28 3rd down conversion.

And they had that long 75 yard run by the 2nd string running back. That and the hrow by Randle El to Hines Ward were 2 big plays in the Game. :banana:
  10. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    Not to be picky but that was their starting running back this year that lead their team in rushing........although he was like 10th string before this year :bangin: But dang is he fast!
  11. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Yeah nobody was gonna catch him (willie Parker). I did'nt really follow the Steelers until the Playoffs started.

I was rooting for the Redskins or Panthers to make it to the Suberbowl. I never really liked the Seahawks... hopefully the Rams will make it to the Playoffs next Season.
  12. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    game was slow at first but at least it wasn't a complete blow out.

Just wonder how the Chiefs will stack up next season with a new coach and all. the talk of gettn Terrell Owens I think would be horrible. that guy is one heck of player but has way too much bagage.
  13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Game......I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Half Time Show.......I'd give it a 2 out of 10. Commercials.....I'd give them a 4 out of 10. What is so exciting about watching a 60 year old geezer playing skip to my lou around a big stage shaped like huge lips and a gigantic tongue. Aaron Neville.......???? He is another has been. I for one think they butcherd the song. I think the refs stole a touchdown from the Seahawks and gave the Steelers a freebe. Just my 2 cents. The streaking sheep was ok. I liked the fridge commercial. The Hummer commercial........I like it about as much as I like the type of people that drive them.
  14. Squatter

Squatter Member

Aug 15, 2003
    St. Peters MO
    I thought the game was OK. At least it wasn't a blow out. Halftime was baaaaad. AAron Neville should be run out of town. His rendition of the anthem sucked big time. With all his money, he should at least get the big lump taken off of his forehead. Commercials were a big dissapointment. Just my $.02
  15. Squatter

Squatter Member

Aug 15, 2003
    St. Peters MO
    Fox News this morning called the half time performers the Strolling Bones instead of the Rolling Stones. I was a big fan of theirs until they reached retirement age.
  16. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
    I agree. Preshow sucked big time. They butchered the anthem to the point of no return. Half time was very blah, they didn't even have back up dancers or anything. Commercials were not worth the money, especially the ones that repeated. At least Budweiser put a few good ones in there.

My father-in-law brought up the fact that he didn't think they made any kind of gesture for the soldiers/military. I know they had a moment for the gulf people, but did they say anything about the soldiers? We may have missed it if they did.
  17. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    All right DSG... Cause this is one of them things that just bugs me....

"Even though you coulda cared less....." OK then, this means you did care, cause you coulda cared less. So, how much did you care, and just how much less could you have cared....

Anyway.... Mebbe you meant to say, you couldn't have cared less, which means you didn't care at all.....

Sorry, just couldn't hep mysef....

BTW... The comercial with the doctor's fly-zapper was my favorite....

"There, that killed him...." :hysterical:
  18. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I agree.. NO T.O. hes pathetic....
  19. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Super Bowl definately could have been better and I agree the anthem and half-time show were both vying for all time worst performances in my book.

As for the chiefs and T.O. I'm not a fan of TO the person, but problems aside there is no other reciever in his class with the exception of maybe Randy Moss.
    That being said, I'm not necessarily rooting for the chiefs to sign him, but he's also talking to Denver. If I had the choice I'd much rather take my chances on him being a pain than to have him playing against us in our own division. We can't stop average recievers in our division, he would almost guarantee us two losses a year if Denver signs him.