Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from a friend last night sayin sure you can hunt my place. Never been there before. Out by Run Run. He gave me instructions - it wasn't tough. Said he had some stands, I said OK. Took a friend out and it was his first time deer hunting. He was So Excited to finally go with someone. He never went because he doesn't have a gun. I lent him my Ruger 30-06 scoped out. I took out the Remington Model 700 7MM as I have never hunted with it and wanted to try.

We got to the land at about 7:15. Got the gear and headed back to the stand.

Walking back to the stand - not there more than 15 minues - we jump up a group that was bedded down maybe 35 yards from the trail. I pointed my gun in the direction and saw tails a flyin. One doe was gettin up and stood there standin and looking. In that 2 second window I lined my iron sights on her and fired. It was a total front facing shot and i hit her square in the breast and she just laid back down like she was going back to bed. My buddy was like WHOA WTF just [email protected]#? I said that's huntin! I jelly-chested that deer with my 150grain core lokt.

I tell him to go get those deer as the wind was with us. He creeps off and we meet up some time later. So I say to him, ok, this side is your side to hunt im goin way over there good luck!

45 mins later I hear this BOOM! and I knew it was my buddy who shot. I walk over to his area through the back way to see whats up and meet him as he was walking up to this deer he shot. He says I think it's dead - and he's shakin with excitement. HUGE smile! His "First Deer!" I ask him whats up and he says he saw it bedded down from way away as he was glassin his scope. I said wow great and say hey this looks like the same size as the deer I shot. I look around and I say hey wow this is really close to where I shot my deer. Then it dawns on me:

DUDE, YOU SHOT MY DEER.

He was so embarrassed, it was awesome! I told him it's cool I know you're excited I might have done the same thing too. He truly believed it was a different deer and I had to take him down to the road and show him my spent casing to show him. He's never gonna live it down TRUST ME!

We spent the rest of the day waiting and walking and saw Nothing! Ugh!

As we left I said to him, hey man, at least, technically, you did shoot a deer today.

I got this girl frozen on the roof of my suv now.

Crazy how sometimes you spend all day in the woodsw and dont see anything, and other times you just walk in and 10 mins later it's quittin time.

:dancin:

·
blu bogart
22,183 Posts
:sniper:......:woot:.....:cheers:.....:eek:......:shrug:.....:peepwall:.....................................................................:rof2:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: thats funny...my moms boyfriend (back in the day) shot at the deer i killed with my bow. as we were walkin across the field to go get it, i seen him about 50 yards from my deer slingin arrows at it, as he's yelling....dont move!!theres a deer right there.:thinking:

·
17,685 Posts
That is a heck of a story.:rof2:Well at least you got some good meat and had a good time that's what's important and you introduced a new a fellow sportsman to the outdoors:2thumbsup::cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
thats good:claphands:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
now that one made me :rof2:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Thats one thing I hate about Scopes.Can't stand it seeing people use them for Binoculars.Think I would be more careful who I hunt with.:thinking:

Congrats on the Doe,hope she wasn't shot up too much.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin figures less Grinding.

·
Registered
18,246 Posts
That funny...

I have a buddy who hunts with his Uncle a lot and as you can imagine they give each other a lot of grief. One year they were sittin in the truck the Uncle was sleepin and my buddy had a little buck hangin in a tree in front of the truck. Ernie thinks it would be funny to wake up Uncle and tell him there was a buck and see what Uncle does. So he yells Wake up theres a buck and Uncle wakes up sees its the buck Ernie already killed and tries to go back to sleep but Ernie laughing so much and keeps him from it. Finally Uncle sits up says Hey your right there is a buck! steps out of the truck, grabs his Shotgun and blasts ernies buck with a couple of slugs thru the ribs from about 20 feet.!!! :hysterical:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Originally posted by oneshot 1
Thats one thing I hate about Scopes.Can't stand it seeing people use them for Binoculars.Think I would be more careful who I hunt with.:thinking:

oneshot
Pastor, i think the guy was maybe just over hunting, never have killed a deer before and sees one in the scope and shoots, not being familiar with the lay of the land i can see how he done it. I dont think it would scare me from hunting with him, BTW i use my scope as binocs all the time, if i gewt a deer in my cross hairs while doing it i pull the trigger, never had any problems :wave:

·
King of Callaway
42,630 Posts
:eek: :hysterical:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Originally posted by marshallgrn

oneshot
Pastor, i think the guy was maybe just over hunting, never have killed a deer before and sees one in the scope and shoots, not being familiar with the lay of the land i can see how he done it. I dont think it would scare me from hunting with him, BTW i use my scope as binocs all the time, if i gewt a deer in my cross hairs while doing it i pull the trigger, never had any problems :wave:
So if you Glassing with your Scope and happen to see a person that is just fine.:eek:

I tell you what if I was hunting with you and I see you looking at me through your Scope after I got through with you I wouldn't have to worry about it again because I never would hunt with you again :soapbox:

oneshot
:D The Big Grin gets a little nervous people pointing weapons at him.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Originally posted by marshallgrn

oneshot
So if you Glassing with your Scope and happen to see a person that is just fine.:eek:

I tell you what if I was hunting with you and I see you looking at me through your Scope after I got through with you I wouldn't have to worry about it again because I never would hunt with you again :soapbox:

oneshot
:D The Big Grin gets a little nervous people pointing weapons at him.
I have no problem with it either... that's why you dont put yourself in a situation of being shot or shooting someone:roll2: Each one to his own, dont think its your job to call someone out and tell them they are wrong.. its your opinion.. nor is its the BigGrins job:pop:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts