suggestions on rain gear

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by mag1, Nov 1, 2010.

1. mag1

mag1 New Member

:confused: Does anybody have an opinion or suggestion on some light, quiet rain gear that wont break the bank? Im looking for some in $50-75 range. my wife is on me to make out christmas list and I would really like some in maybe a jacket-pants or jacket-bibbs. Thanks for looking and opinions. :wave:

2. 160983

160983 Guest

I was in the same boat but concerning colder weather gear that I could layer with. I had looked at cabelas, bass pro etc. If you are near either one I would go to the store and look. There is quite a bit of difference in quality of brands that you dont see, feel, or hear until you put your hands on something. Like zippers, stitching, drawstrings, cloth, true to size, etc.

Good luck in your quest! :cheers:

3. mag1

mag1 New Member

[rquote=1873367&tid=130473&author=Jusadog]I was in the same boat but concerning colder weather gear that I could layer with. I had looked at cabelas, bass pro etc. If you are near either one I would go to the store and look. There is quite a bit of difference in quality of brands that you dont see, feel, or hear until you put your hands on something. Like zippers, stitching, drawstrings, cloth, true to size, etc.

Good luck in your quest! :cheers:[/rquote]

Thanks Jusadog, I usually hit one of those stores 2 or 3 times a year, just never seem to think about looking at rain gear until I get in the field and need it.