Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!!

Ya'll wanna talk about cold...

KUDDOS to all the kids that were tough enough to brave the cold.(and the mentors also).

Had a great time yesterday even with it being cold.

My daughter Savannah and I started the day out in one blind and sat till 10:30 till we could not take the cold any longer.

All we saw from that blind was 2 does about an 1/8th of a mile away.

Went back to headquarters for some heat and lunch.Sat around there for a few hours enjoyng the conversation and WARMTH.

At one point they said we could switch blinds so we looked and my #2 choice was open...Just so happened to be next to Parker's and Shoalcreek's blind.

We hooked up with Parker at 2:00 and thankfully he drove us right to our blind.

Well,we sat there having a good show of turkeys,ducks,geese,and eagles then at about 4:20 we heard Shoalcreek shoot.

You could definately here the impact.And I told Savannah well I bet we could get their blind in the morning.

By that time it was getting REAL cold and Savannah said she just wants to fill her tags so we can leave.(couldn't blame her one bit).

Then about that time the blind to our south shot twice and we saw a bunch of deer runnin away.

At about 5:20 I look to our right at there is a nice buck standing there about 40 yards away in the bean stubble.I start nudging Savannah and she starts moving and he takes off runnin out in front of us.Got him stopped about 100 yards out and she shoots and drops him.But he's floppin around like he's gonn get up so I was yellin "get him again"!She shot him again and it was all she wrote.:eek::

Got out to him and started guttin while some light left.Then it got REAL COLD.

While dressing her buck the deer started pouring out of the woods including a GIANT buck.Heck we had one doe walk with 50 yards of us while gutting her deer.(Was too late to shoot any other deer.)

Also bout that time we hear Parker's victory scream as they came walkin up.

Then we got all the deer gutted and loaded them into Parker's truck.A big thanks by the way to Vince for hauling Savannah's deer out of the field.

Now for the pics.

Here's Savannah's buck where it laid.8 points by the way.

It's not her biggest deer(but her 2nd).She was just glad to kill something cause the cold(me too).

Here's some pics after we got them all back to headquarters.

Two very proud and happy hunters.Also some very well deserved deer for these kids for toughin out the weather.

Shoalcreek's deer was a brute.Look at that dudes neck.My guess is Savannah's deer was a 2 1/2 yo and Shoalcreek's was 3 1/2 yo.

Savannah still has a doe tag left and we opted out of goin this morning but I think we are gonna get bundled up and head over there for an evening hunt.

Thanks again for the help Vince and it was a pleasure meetin you Tristan.

·
blu bogart
22,207 Posts
Very cool:eek::Read both post.Great hearing what the other guy's thinking when the blind next to them scores.Almost like your there.Glad the kid's scored and hung it out with the cold.You guy's must be proud......I can tell by the pic's.Great stories and pic's.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Great deer kids. Way to stick it out in the cold. I usually give up too soon when its that cold. Kudos to both of you.:kewlpics:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:2thumbsup: :banana: Awesome pictures SH! Thank YOU again for all your help!

One of Tristen's comments on the way home was, "Man, Robert sure is a cool dude!" :D :2thumbsup:

Parker

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,708 Posts
I can see some new front page pics coming up in the near future. Those are some great pics. Congrats Savanah & Shoal:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Savannah a big congratulations!:cheers::cheers::cheers: Nice job there Robert.:2thumbsup:

·
17,685 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics::kewlpics:

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Way to Go!

Way to go to all involved!!!! Boy it was COLD out there!!!! :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
Awesome outing for all involved. :cheers: Those smiles tell more of a story then all the words you can type. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
:2thumbsup:Good job kiddos. and the guides.:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Congrats to thye Kids :rock::rock: Way too cold for me.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin seen snow and Deer thought no more Santa Clause.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts