Suburban Hunts

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Porkchopsandwiches, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Porkchopsandwiches

Porkchopsandwiches New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    Where are some good places to bowhunt suburban areas in St. Charles other that Cuivre and Howell Islands? Someplace that doesn't have a lot of pressure or is a place no one pays attention to?

2. Mark Twain

Mark Twain New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    St. Charles
    Private property. I see turkeys all up and down levees on either side of the river.

3. Porkchopsandwiches

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    I have access to some decent land in Wentzville. I like that becasue I can leave work, and get in my stand in a fair amount of time when the season starts.

4. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

public ground that doesnt have pressure. let me know to

5. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    At first I thought you were looking to shoot full sized SUV's

6. Porkchopsandwiches

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    I tried that once, but the taxidermist doesn't like to do Chevy Tahoe or H2 mounts too much.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Any other Saint Charles county suggestions?

8. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    You need to go to the MDC page and search on the Interactive Maps or the Conservation Atlas for places to hunt close to St. Charles. There places you can hunt that are relatively close to St. Chuck.

"Where are some good places to bowhunt suburban areas in St. Charles other that Cuivre and Howell Islands? Someplace that doesn't have a lot of pressure or is a place no one pays attention to?"

Yeah and I am looking for a Full Size 4 WD truck, with less than 20K miles, that gets 50 mpg for $2500.

I don't think such a place exists, and if it did I would be hunting it and not telling anyone else, much less a public internet forum...:roll2:

Its pretty much a trade-off hunt close on the weekends and deal with pressure, or drive further to get away from the crowds.