Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gadget Material property Font Gas Electronic instrument
Thanks to David at Wyvern Creations The Sub-1 XR I pre ordered during the ATA show finally was sent to me.

I had pre ordered the BlackXR with the pro pack,( scope, quiver, 3- arrows) with a couple of changes. I upgraded the scope and bought, and had the bow shipped in the SKB Mission hard case. You cant beat Wyvern Creations pricing on this package.

The SKB case is a high quality case that fits very tight with its precision cutouts. You cannot use the optional foot stirrup installed on the bow with this case. I extended the stock 1 notch and installed a HHA Optimizer and the fixed 4x Nikon Bolt scope and it was a very tight squeeze getting the bow into the case.

The Sub-1 XR like all Mission bows is a very well built bow and the plastic feel and sound of prior bows is gone. The fit and finish are perfect and I found no flaws in either. This isnt a light bow and I'm sure that contributes to the accuracy of the bow. At first look I dont see much difference from the original Sub-1. As I said earlier I needed to move the stock out 1 notch and raise the adjustable comb about 3/8" for the perfect fit, I have long arms.

The Sub 1 XRis factory rated at 410fps using a 350 gr. arrow. I weighed the included 19" arrows and found they weigh 245.6 gr. without a head, the insert appears to be aluminum as well as the mission aluminum nock. I will use a 400gr or heavier arrow in my bow as I feel the light arrow will be hard on the longevity of the crossbow.

I have attached a few photos and will add more information when I get the bow to the target.

Gadget Material property Font Gas Electronic instrument

Product Luggage and bags Tool Wood Gas

Trigger Air gun Machine gun Gun barrel Recreation

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Recreation

Machine Toy Auto part Metal Engineering

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,818 Posts
sweet looking bow

· Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I ran into a slight issue with the new bow. Apparently the trigger assembler left a small spring unattached in the trigger and the bow wouldnt ****. I contacted my Dealer and he is shipping me a new trigger assembly on Monday. Its a straight change out 5 screws pullout the old and drop in the new. Beats driving 60mi one way to a closer dealer and waiting for the bow to return.

· Registered
20,349 Posts
Mean looking bow! The case looks really solid.... looking forward to your review! Any idea what the bow weighs with a quiver plus 3 arrows??

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Over TH's crying? That's really something!
Xbows are that devastating. Hard to believe but true.

Love my sub1. Besides being faster what does the xr have that my sub1 does not?

· Quack
5,521 Posts
Pretty slick

· Registered
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Xbows are that devastating. Hard to believe but true.

Love my sub1. Besides being faster what does the xr have that my sub1 does not?
Really nothing. The heavier poundage bow actually takes more pull to break the trigger. Unless you want a faster bow, if you have a sub-1 no need for the xr. There appears to be some changes in the limb bolts and adjustability but unless you are changing weight no different.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.