Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching a Hunting Show Black Bear with Muzzleloader.The Guy was spot and stalking this Bear.He shoots and runs towards the Bear.:roll2:

I don't care if its Bear,Hog,Deer,or Squirrel.You shoot you Reload.I don't care if it drops 10 yards from you.

When I first started hunting with a Muzzleloader,I shot a Buck that fell off a bluff.I didn't reload,took me half hour to get down to him.He was laying on his Head,I get to him grab hold of his Antler,pulled his Head around,he blinks :eek::eek::eek: I held on best I could but there was no way I was holding him.That was one Buck I never found.

So anymore I just reload.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is always loaded,but he enjoys chewing on Peas.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Originally posted by oneshot 1
I was just watching a Hunting Show Black Bear with Muzzleloader.The Guy was spot and stalking this Bear.He shoots and runs towards the Bear.:roll2:

I don't care if its Bear,Hog,Deer,or Squirrel.You shoot you Reload.I don't care if it drops 10 yards from you.

When I first started hunting with a Muzzleloader,I shot a Buck that fell off a bluff.I didn't reload,took me half hour to get down to him.He was laying on his Head,I get to him grab hold of his Antler,pulled his Head around,he blinks :eek::eek::eek: I held on best I could but there was no way I was holding him.That was one Buck I never found.

So anymore I just reload.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is always loaded,but he enjoys chewing on Peas.
Regardless of the weapon, I ain't running toward no bear till I know it's dead! :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good point about reloading your smokepole, keep'er stoked and "handy"! Keep in mind 1shot that you saw a re-enactment of the original hunt and he did not bother to re-load as he already knew it was very dead! Not the best of continuity and certianly not a very good message. The big boys have editors that do nothing but look for the errors you just caught and they are called continuity directors. But you were astute enough to beat them and you brought to our attention. Thanks, 1madjack:banana:

·
19,583 Posts
I once saw Jeff Foxworthy reload a muzzleloader 3 times ~ in a treestand ~ shooting at the same buck...

Reloading that many times, in that short of time, was amazing. The funniest part whas, he got more & more rattled, with every miss.

He probably wished his shooting was that amazing too, though. Especially since it was caught on video!

BTW ~ he finally dropped the buck, on the 4th shot.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,681 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman
I once saw Jeff Foxworthy reload a muzzleloader 3 times ~ in a treestand ~ shooting at the same buck...

Reloading that many times, in that short of time, was amazing. The funniest part whas, he got more & more rattled, with every miss.

He probably wished his shooting was that amazing too, though. Especially since it was caught on video!

BTW ~ he finally dropped the buck, on the 4th shot.
Been there done that. First year I owned a muzzleloader I had a doe & fawn at 75+ yds. Shot the doe & she ran like a striped a$$ed ape. Thought I had missed her, but the fawn stuck around. It was feeding toward me, so I put the sights between the shoulder blades. Shot. The deer jumped sideways, looked back as if to say, "durn, that almost hit me". I load up again, boom, fawn jumps sideways, looks at the ground as if to say "that one was even closer" Load up again, last load, gotta make this one count, really beared down & aimed that time, boom, right between the shoulder blades. She didn't say nothing that time. I did recover the doe too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.