Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a decent 8 this mornin at about 6:30 he has at about 20 yards when I shot and I was huntin on the ground but I had him grunting less then seven yards from me as he came in off the pasture.... Anyways The hit was a little far back but he was quartering away. I waited till noon to track him and ended up going roughly 400 yards before loosing his trail. Had a Mix of dark red blood and super bright red blood. What kinda hit yall think that might indicate. Ill try to post an arial of the trail i followed and where i think he might be. I figure he's dead My arrow is burried in him all the way and never found a piece of it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the red is where i expect him to be the yellow is where i found blood his trail leads north.... ignore the rest are trails property lines and bedding areas
[file]81235[/file]

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
If its a liver shot....he wont go very far...so if you tracked him 400 yards and lost blood...he may be bleeding inside cause of only the entry wound?:confused:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Quartiering away and back a little is not too bad. If you got liver he'll be dead. I bet he headed right down that tree line. i'd put some effortinto going down that tree line.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
if i lose blood i always go back the next day and look around all water sources, ponds, and creeks, they go to water sometimes.
good luck:wave:

·
Registered
444 Posts
i am kinda thinking that plot of trees in the middle of the field, looks like a small pond there too, have you checked that area yet or just the blood trail??

·
Registered
511 Posts
Backout!!!!! Wait till the morning, he'll be there if ya got him.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
you find this thing:confused: good luck, hope he's a wall hanger in the pics.:cheers:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
late on this thread, but my guess is liver as well and they can die quickly or be alive the next day, but usually weak, sounds like you were pushing him.

I hope you find him.:cheers:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Any news????? Finding that deer would be a great thanksgiving present!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Where the trail stops to the east is that a pond at the next tree line, pasture edge ? Look for water or he kept going straight down the tree line.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Liver for sure, always ck water source after a liver hit. Been my exp that they always head to water when hit there, also if blood trail was real heavy they are usually 50-100yds from where blood stops, if dead when hit in liver.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts