stuck a good one update found him.

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by fencher73, Nov 5, 2010.

1. fencher73

fencher73 Member

Sep 24, 2005
    HUNTSVILLE
    I took off work to pull an allday hunt. 5:30am grab a climber thats on my way to were I wanted to go. get set up about 6:15. See a spike right at daylight, then an 8 comes busting through chases a doe all around me for about 30 mins. Next deer I see wasnt until 2:00 it was a doe hoping something was with her but nothing. 4:00 pm comes around look back to my left there he is 20yrds away bow is on the holder thinking oh crap how am i gonna pull this off. I grabbed my bow slowly spun around he stops at 30yrds shoot hit looks good he bolts stops about 75 yrds away and stands there. My only concern was hit might of been a little back. watch him for about 5 mins thinking go down. He finally heads to overgrown field to the west I could see he is bleeding pretty good. After I loose him I look over where I shot and I can see blood with the naked eye its everywhere. Checked the blood looks to be liver. So I snuck out the back way, grabbed me a cold one getting ready to head back out should find him pretty quick atleast i hope. Will update as soon as i find him.
    UPDATE: We looked last night he got into the overgrown field, we were having a hard time seeing blood so I waited until daylight. found him in overgrown field about 100 yrds from where we stopped. This is a pic of him from trail cam. Will post pics later of him after recovery. Sorry it took so long but been a busy day. Here is a pick of him with cell phone will get better pics later.

[file]146388[/file]

[file]146406[/file]

2. BIGRED42

BIGRED42 Senior Member

Nov 2, 2007
    North Kansas City
    Nice job man! Good Luck!:cheers:

3. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
  4. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Man I'd wait till morning. Just have several cold ones and go get him in the morn. Too risky if it's liver IMO

5. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

Way to go. especially getting the bow out of the holder, I had that happen tuesday, after rattling a ten in and never got the chance to get my bow out of the holder. Awesome, sounds like with the blood you got'r done. Looking for pics later:claphands::claphands::eek:::cheers:

6. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't sit with bow at the ready in their hands!

7. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

[rquote=1882350&tid=131089&author=Shrapnel]I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't sit with bow at the ready in their hands![/rquote]
    I usually do have my bow with arrow nokked and in hand, but this time I had just finished rattl'n and this boy came in fast. Turned around after hanging the sheds and he was in under me. He looked up a coupld of times at me, but never had an opportunity to grab the bow because he was in the open broadside. That's why I can't stand it when I don't see any deer, because of holding the bow all that time and nothing.:cheers:

8. Labs40

Labs40 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Wentzville,Mo
    Good Job! Waiting for pics!!:eek::

9. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    [rquote=1882335&tid=131089&author=Refuze2falo]Man I'd wait till morning. Just have several cold ones and go get him in the morn. Too risky if it's liver IMO [/rquote]

my first thoughts to, would hate to see you bump him in the dark, im sure hes dead with that much blood but you never no id play it safe

10. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
  11. Hideandwatch

Hideandwatch New Member

:pop::pop:
    Wishing you all the luck in the world!! :cheers:

12. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Hope you find him. Looking forward to seeing the pics. :claphands:

13. MajorWyss

MajorWyss New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Audrain
    Good luck finding him! Anxious for some pics.......

14. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    liver hits......usually take 6-8 hours before they're down......hope the best for ya but i woulda waited till morning hard hit deer dont just stand around like that after being shot.

15. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
  16. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
  17. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i am guessing this was not done with a rage or we would have pics of a half a deer by now:pop:

good luck:cheers:

18. fencher73

fencher73 Member

Sep 24, 2005
    HUNTSVILLE
    [rquote=1882589&tid=131089&author=mofarmboy]liver hits......usually take 6-8 hours before they're down......hope the best for ya but i woulda waited till morning hard hit deer dont just stand around like that after being shot.[/rquote] I have been on many tracking jobs of liver shot deer, most helping buddys, and if the deer is not pushed most will expire withen 2 hrs. I gave this deer 4 hrs most I have ever given a liver shot deer. He was dead last night we just couldnt find blood in overgrown field in dark.

19. fencher73

fencher73 Member

Sep 24, 2005
    HUNTSVILLE
    [rquote=1882660&tid=131089&author=winger]i am guessing this was not done with a rage or we would have pics of a half a deer by now:pop:

good luck:cheers:[/rquote] It was rage it was almost cut in half.

20. fencher73

fencher73 Member

Sep 24, 2005
    HUNTSVILLE
    [rquote=1882350&tid=131089&author=Shrapnel]I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't sit with bow at the ready in their hands![/rquote] It gets kind of hard to hold your bow in ready postion when you have set for 10 straight hours. He caught me off guard just glad it worked out.