STS

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Bowkil, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i just found out about this thing, anyone have one on their bow? i dont know why but my bow is hella loud and i was needing something to quit it down. i couldnt find any stablizers with a long enough screw. i like to open my left hand when i shoot and that wrist sling is a must for me, but all the stablizers i used the screw is to short to screw in the wrist sling. i seen the STS. and was just wonderin if any of you guys use one.

-shootin tight groups
    :cheers::cheers::cheers:

2. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    What kind of bow are you shooting?

3. gmbellew

gmbellew Member

Jan 10, 2005
    KCMO
    i have one on my protec, and like it. it takes out some vibration and quietens things down a little bit more. for ~40 bucks, you really can't go wrong with it. it gets my seal of approval (for whatever that is worth).

4. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    hoyt magnatec.

im super accurate just when i release an arrow it makes a loud thud. my dad has the same bow, but his is 10lb weaker than mine, and his bow is really quite compared to mine. funny thing too is i dont shoot with a bow quiver and he does, and his is still more quite! i dont know why its like that maybe cuz my bow is 60-70lb maxed out at 70lb, and his bow is 50-60lb maxed out at 60? his may be the most quite but im more accurate!! hehe

5. Hoyt01

Hoyt01 New Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Ewing Mo
    i started using one about 3 months ago . and i'll say i will never shoot a bow with out one . i took my string leaches out because i didn't need them . it made my bow more quit and it is shock free now . i just got a 06 powertec and it shot great . i put the STS on and it was the same i thought . i took it back off and than i could feel the shock . if you order one and dont like it you can send it back for a full refund . cant beat that .

[​IMG]

6. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    The STS system is getting great reviews from shooters of all sorts, I would make one suggestion when having one installed (you can see in Hoyt01's picture) put serving around the string where it makes contact with the STS. It will defenitly prolong the life of your string.

MoBowman ```---------->

7. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    just a question after installing the STS did your bow shoot in the same place or did you have to reset your sights? I could see were it could cause the arrow to leave the string a bit different than with out it installed just wondering

8. thh058

thh058 Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Jefferson County
    as said above the sts is great! i have one on my hoyt ultratec and will likely have one on every bow i get.:dancin:

is shouldn't affect your current point of impact. although, i can't verify this b/c when i got my sts put on, i also got a windstalker cable guard put on....and the windstalker took the torque out of the factory cable gaurd, so my arrows were hitting to the side. but i think they were only hitting to the side b/c of the windstalker.

9. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    damn man thats one bad ass looking bow! my magnatec is old school!
    is it just 1 screw? the insert where the stablizizer goes?

10. Hoyt01

Hoyt01 New Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Ewing Mo
    ya i'm not sure if it changes your impact point or not . when i got mine i put it on my Martin Saber and didn't shoot it . 3 days later i got the new Hoyt and i set the pins with it on . i guess i could back off the set screw and see if it shoots low or high but i dought it will . i'm going to TX this coming weekend hog hunting so i'm not guna mess with any thing until after that .

11. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    thats cool i wouldn't miss wiht it either .............don't for get some pics of the three little piggies for the rest of us

12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Hoyt01, what part of Tx are ya heading to for the hogs?

13. Hoyt01

Hoyt01 New Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Ewing Mo
    i'll be headin out for Jacksboro TX Thur. morn. this will be my fist pig hunt so it should be a good time .

14. ironmaiden

ironmaiden New Member

May 9, 2006
    St. Peters

take this advice if u want to use the sts. there is a high speed video on the mathews forum that shows the string in action with the sts. ;)

15. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    I installed the STS on my bow last night. Fine tuned things and shot with it this morning. All I can say is this is a MUST HAVE! I was skeptical at first and really hate to buy new things to just try out, so I was really hoping that with all the good reviews that it would actually work like promised....and it DOES! There is now absolutely no shock and the bow is super quiet. (If I didn't hear the arrow flying through the air, I wouldn't have known that I shot it :) )

And yes, the serving is must when installing one of these on your bow!

Good luck and happy shooting!