Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Manitoba Morning Free Press in Winnipeg (May 18, 1894) tells of a 140-pound Kansas catfish that apparently had aspirations to be a mail carrier. After it was caught, the catfish was cleaned, and in its stomach was discovered a small bottle, securely corked, containing this message: "Whoever will find this will please send it back to me. H.E. Pipes." Mr. Pipes had thrown the bottle in the Kaw River three years earlier, 75 miles from where the fish was caught by Douglass Smith. Info taken from April 2006 issue of Outdoor Life.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Originally posted by ACES
That is crazy, I've never found anything cool inside a fish.
Me either, however in my freshman year biology class I found a field mouse in the stomache of the bull frog I disected! It was really cool cause the fermaldahide had preserved the little booger perfectly. We as a class disected it too!:D

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
That's just about the oddest thing I've heard of being inside an animal.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
pretty cool!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I caught a 11 lb channel cat a couple weeks ago that had a 30" water snake in it's belly. I had at first thought it was just full of eggs but it was too fat to be eggs. Kind of freaked me out for a second when I sliced the stomach open and a snakes head poped out.

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
Originally posted by Jobow
I caught a 11 lb channel cat a couple weeks ago that had a 30" water snake in it's belly. I had at first thought it was just full of eggs but it was too fat to be eggs. Kind of freaked me out for a second when I sliced the stomach open and a snakes head poped out.
did yah say any bad words:rotfl::rotfl:i know i would have

·
13,613 Posts
[rquote=2651392&tid=23303&author=shedhunter]found a bullet in a cat i dissected[/rquote]
Your Bullet, I presume?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.