Stover Gun Show

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by beanpile, Mar 10, 2006.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Yes its here again.. March 18-19 at the community center. a good place to find decent deals. Truely the only place that I'v been able to negotiate
  2. xxx

xxx Guest

That is a good show for sure..... Been awhile since I been there though. Who hosts it now?

3. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    where is stover
    i need to get a good deal on some 223 rounds
  4. Possumjoe

Possumjoe New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Fairdealing, Mo.
    Was wondering if anyone on here ever goes to the show out in Tulsa, I've been there once and have been wanting to go back ever since, if anyone has any info on it could you let me know

5. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Mar 8, 2005
    If anyone is there and sees a round white man with a Packer hat or shirt on..............9 out of 10 it will be me!
  6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    brike, if you need GOOD .223 at a reasonable price, call up to First Stop Gunshop in Rapid City SD. They sell "blems" from Black Hills Ammo, for about $13/50, you can get ammo almost as good as I can load. Black Hills is about as good as it gets, no joke. I have a very tough time beating it with my handloads. Cabela's sells the regular boxed Black Hills, as do most mail-order outfits. Avoid the 55 gr. FMJ junk, the bullets themselves are only specced to 3" groups at 100 yards. The 52 grain HP loads are spectacular.
  7. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    what i am looking for is some of the cheap
    foreign stuff to just shoot up.
    you can usually git 1200 ta 1400 rounds
    for a hundred and some bucks.
    down here the farmington civic center
    is apparently not going to have there
    gun show this year.:mad:
  8. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Not knowing whre your from all I can say is that take exit #98 on I-70 take 135 South for about anhour or little more & there it is..just North side of the Lake of the Ozarks.

Its a small show so I would be doubt full they would have a vender with that kind of Ammount's of that ...but I could be wrong
  9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Bean is right about the show not having your ammo requests. The show is mainly "Good Ole Boys" selling and trading their hunt'n guns. Very low overhead and you can pick up a good deal their. You'll find a few fellas selling a box or two of hunting rounds but nothing in bulk like brike is looking for. I believe the show is put on by "Big Boys Gun Show" with the proceeds going to the Stover Community Action League (formerly Stover Jaycees). I plan on attending the show probably on saturday and I'll be looking for that round guy with the Packers shirt and hat on. I heard those cheese heads are a push over on gun deals.
  10. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    thanks guys
    i guess ill pass on that one
    its over three hours from here
    i am about 60 miles south of st.louis
  11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Reminder post. I should be there Saturday afternoon. I'm stopping by Snowmans place (just 5 miles from Stover) to see how he's coming with the garage building. I'll bring him along if I can pry the hammer from his hand.
  12. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I'll be there carrying my new 9422 ..see if I can make a deal