Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there got one of those Stoeger 12 gauges. I was thinking about buying one, but I wanted some imput first. I guide duck hunters in the fall and I don't want something that is going to kill my shoulder. What attracted me to the Stoeger is the price, although I would rather have a benelli.

All imput welcome.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i have a model 2000 with the satin walnut stock and LOVE it!

it took about 200 rounds to break it in, but it is one sweet little dove killer.

the whole operating system breaks down into 11-12 pieces and takes about two minutes to assemble and dissasemble. If you want benelli performance w/out the price, get a stoeger.

it also comes with 5 choke tubes and a wrench. something i had to buy extra for my 870.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,723 Posts
Get the Remington SPR 453 ? "Spartan" autoloader for up to 3.5" for 300ish. My bro has the M2000 stoeger, and it kicks reals nice.:sniper: Limbsaver recoil pad always helps.
I read that stoeger has a lower problem rate/ returns than the $$$ Benelli, and I did own one. Now it's a 935.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
If ya wants Benelli performance, buy a BENELLI!!!!!! Spend the money now, you won't have to later on.....

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I'm with fireman on this one...you'll get what you pay for

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
If ya wants Benelli performance, buy a BENELLI!!!!!! Spend the money now, you won't have to later on.....
:dancin:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i would sure like to hear a few more reviews of that new remington

i like my benelli nova alot but its a pump gun
100 times better than the mossberg 835 i had

browning gold are good guns to be again lots of money

·
1,292 Posts
There are some great reviews of that Remington on some other forums...just type it in yahoo and you will find a lot of info. The problem is, you can not get them anywhere. Bass Pro said it will be at least 4-5 months before they get anymore in and I have heard the same from other stores. They ar emade by Baikal so you may be able to find the Baikal model if you look hard enough. They just seem to sell quicker when Remington stamps their name on it. My buddy just bought a Stoeger last weekend, and for the money you can't beat it. As mentioned before it has the 5 choke tubes. I will get a chance to shoot it this weekend and do a side by side comparison to my Benelli M2 with the comfort tech stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.