Stoeger P-350 / Any thoughts folks? Strictly for Turkey!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Nicholas, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    What do you folks think of this gun specifically for Turkey?

"The Stoeger P-350 pump shotgun is a no-nonsense, rugged and reliable hunting gun designed to fire any and all 12-gauge ammunition from field loads to 3-1/2" magnums. Whether its dove loads in September or steel shot in November, the Stoeger P-350 will digest them all without so much as a hiccup. And there’s even an 11 ounce recoil reducer that screws right onto the tail of the stock bolt to tame the kick of the heavy magnums.
    There are nine different models of the Stoeger P-350 to choose from – an 18-1/2" barreled home security model, the MAX-4™ HD camo gun for waterfowlers, a Timber™ HD for turkeys or the standard black synthetic for all around. In addition, every P-350 field gun comes with "FIVE" choke tubes, including an extra-full extended turkey choke, so no matter what your game the Stoeger P-350 has you covered."

Would like your thoughts folks, I may be able to get one for around $200.00 in the synthetic black!
    :pop:

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I know nothing about them, but like Jack said that's a good price.

4. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I don't like to buy guns for specific uses. However, as JackJr. & GoGop have stated, for $200 I don't think that you'd go wrong with this one.

5. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

JEEZ $200 for a new gun?? Far cry from a Bennili but he what the heck??,,GO 4 IT

6. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    I'm not so sure that it's all that far off from the Nova, beanpile. At least it looks similar and has similar stats. Good price.

Nicholas, where are you finding that deal? Do you mind sharing?

7. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i think you just found the jackpot
    seems the 350 is alomst identacal to the nova
    if you go to stogers site it even says they use benelli parts in there autos
    looks like you just hit gold at 200 bucks

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I'm bettin it would be good for alot more than just turkey killin too!!!!!!

9. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Thanks for the info. folks. I have a nephew in CA/State, that is into SASS that won it and does not hunt, so I offered him the 2 bills for it. I just thought it was a great deal so I offered it to him.

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Heckuva deal N....I bet the SASS is a blast....would like to get into that someday...like I need another hobby.....lol

11. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    He likes SASS, I may try it as well! Excuse to get new stuff!

12. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Yea, no doubt....another way to burn more powder...I'm all for it!!!

13. xx75

xx75 Active Member

$337 for one at House of Bargains in Jefferson City. I saw them there yesterday. Good looking gun for the price. Have a great day xx75-Billy Bridges

14. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Yikes, I have found nothing but bad reports on this gun on several forums. Too bad, it pretty much boils down to a single shot because the gun has a history of jamming and not cycling subsequent rounds, regardsless of round choice. I will search further. Anyone here with actual experience with this specific firearm?

15. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I'll ask a friend of mine on another site. He knows guns real well, and he doesn't ever hesitate to say what's on his mind.

I'll let you know.

16. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
  17. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I thought I'd have to edit all kinds of nastiness out of the dude's reply, but he simply put;

"Sucks."

:rotfl::rotfl:

18. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    GoGop

hey if you get a chance ask your dude what he thinks of the benelli nova.
    i am courois since they seem to be close to the same gun in the pics any way if he has the same opinion of them both.

just trying to get a feel for how his gun rankings work you know its kinds like looking at playboy the best pages to me may not be the same ones he likes you know:)

19. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
    Watch out for the loud rattlin forearm pump.:eek:

20. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    its not as bad if you tighten it up some its still there i don't feel its near as much of an issue as some others do. i mean you have to bump it just right to get it to make noise in the woods its not as if you sit there making it rattle while your in the process of calling a bird.

but yes right out of the box its pretty loose. it was made that way for the duck hunters i was told so the mud and gunk of some duck hunters would cause problem honestly though i really don't know of any duck hunters that shove there gun in the mud.