Stockton 4/16

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by JHawkWX, Apr 17, 2006.

1. JHawkWX

JHawkWX New Member

May 19, 2003
    KCMO
    spent the weekend surfing stockton. managed to catch bass and dink crappie galore. Best day was Sunday, despite the awful water conditions(felt like I was on the Great Lakes out there!), in between dinks managed to catch dinner for this evening. Females were still full of eggs, caught in 10-15 ft water in structure off the bank. Spawn fisherman look out this week, should look better as the water temps come up. Bait shop said limits were being caught up the river. We didn't venture that far thanks to the horrendous wind.
    :cheers:

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i bet the rag boats were happy. were you on the main lake or river arm??

3. JHawkWX

JHawkWX New Member

May 19, 2003
    KCMO
    Hannibal, we stayed at Ruark Bluff. If you weren't sailing yesterday, you missed a blue ribbon day! When I crossed the big bridge on 215 around 5pm there was only 1 sail boat out, probably thanks to Easter.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    we used to catch alot of crappie around cedar ridge. also around the mile long bridge. you can catch crappie and walleye around that island driftin a jig and minna just off the bottom in deeper water.

5. JHawkWX

JHawkWX New Member

May 19, 2003
    KCMO
    hannibal, i don't think my trolling motor could have handled that main channel sunday. it was busy enough just staying put back in the coves!

:cheers: