Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mosins are HIGH at my gun shops and im looking for a mosin that i can actually trade my shotgun for. my mom has called up every local shop and they declined it. but also i showed her the midwest gun trader and she says she doesnt get a good feeling on it because their might be criminals.

what do i do?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
What shotgun are you tradin ?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just a mossberg 12 pump. nothing special. i got a 20 gauge single shot thats all you need.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1497335&tid=104499&author=Doemaster]just a mossberg 12 pump. nothing special. i got a 20 gauge single shot thats all you need.[/rquote]
Will it shoot 3&1/2's ?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
12 guage

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1497366&tid=104499&author=Doemaster]its just 3 ''[/rquote]
Okay cool, I'm lookin for one that shoots 3 &1/2's
sorry

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 inches are adiquate. but i mean if you duck hunt the 1/2 inch is probly needed to reach out better.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Just sell the shotgun outright and then buy the mosin.
There's no reason to spend a penny more than 125-150 dollars out the door for one in excellent condition for a standard model.

Buy from one of the online surplus stores, pay for the hand select, pay the shipping, and pay for the FFL transfer. You'll still come out cheaper than the overpriced junk that gun shops sell.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
Problem is that Mossbergs arent worth that much... And the resale value is pretty low...
Not to put your gun down... They are awesome guns!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant get a better gun for the price... just sayin:cheers:

·
17,674 Posts
There will be a gun show in Columbia on New Years day and till the 3rd I believe. I bet you and your mom would find a good deal there, plus it gives you time to sell your shotty.:cheers:

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
If you need a 3 1/2 inch gun to duck or goose hunt then you don't know how to duck or goose hunt. If you know what you are doing 2 3/4 inch or 3 inch are more than enough.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1498772&tid=104499&author=DADAKOTA]If you need a 3 1/2 inch gun to duck or goose hunt then you don't know how to duck or goose hunt. If you know what you are doing 2 3/4 inch or 3 inch are more than enough. [/rquote]

Yea but 3.5" will kill them more deader!!!:rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
They are a lot better deader:hysterical::rof2:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1498772&tid=104499&author=DADAKOTA]If you need a 3 1/2 inch gun to duck or goose hunt then you don't know how to duck or goose hunt. If you know what you are doing 2 3/4 inch or 3 inch are more than enough. [/rquote]
I don't hunt duck or geese so I guess I don't know how to hunt them although I did help my uncle catch a couple of geese out of his chicken house once but we didn't use a shotgun.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1498776&tid=104499&author=ALMOST NORMAL]They are a lot better deader:hysterical::rof2:[/rquote]

Better is the new Deader!!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Come on, lets find this kid a nagant, best bet is a gunshow with someone with you to help ya pick out a good un & i'll bet one of the vendors will make the shotgun trade.:smiley:

[Edited on 12/4/2009 by Mojorisin]

·
17,674 Posts
[rquote=1498815&tid=104499&author=Mojorisin]Come on, lets find this kid a nagant, best bet is a gunshow with someone with you to help ya pick out a good un & i'll bet one of the vendors will make the shotgun trade.:smiley:

[Edited on 12/4/2009 by Mojorisin][/rquote]

There's one in Columbia I know on Jan. 1st.:cheers:

·
Button Buck Aficionado
1,194 Posts
On the contrary, 3.5" shells have less capacity to reach out to long distances than do 3" magnum shells......I must not be a good ducker...whenever I use 2 3/4" I end up crippling a lot of birds and tiring the dog out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts