Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been out this week. I am going to go out one last time Saturday and try to get my second. I hunted them hard last week, but ran into some birds that would just gooble to the calls and go the other way. All in all its been a good season, I called in three birds for others and got a nice one myself. Lots of good times with my father and good friends. Good luck and be safe. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I may make it out tomorrow. If not my Missouri season is over.:whinging: But it was a good one whether I kill a bird or not.:D

Jack

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Just got in from taking a friend hunting. Birds gobbled on the roost pretty good, but had hens with them by the time they hit the ground. It looks like I have people lined up to take these last 3 days so hopefully the weather will cooperate.

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This past Saturday was one of the best mornings of the season for a different reason. The birds gobbled hard on the roost but would not come to the call. I did however about get run over by 4 bucks sporting heavy nubs. Later inthe morning I saw a coyote and had a bobcat about 60 yards from me. The bobcat was on of the biggest I have ever seen. I have never seen one in the middle of a wide oppe bottom before, ussually in the heavy timber.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Saturday is booked for me, but Sunday I'll be out there come He*& or high water!

The rain suit is ready if needed! :eek:

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i am done i guess this year:mad: no one to take and no tags left for me.....
i am planning much much more turkey hunting next year going to support a few other states:D

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i am done i guess this year:mad: no one to take and no tags left for me.....
i am planning much much more turkey hunting next year going to support a few other states:D
this two or three days of spring hunting the last few years isn't enough to fill my need. guess i need to start chasing them with a ball bat make it a bit harder:rotfl:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I went out this morning...not one single gobble. It didn't help that the wind was blowing like a hurricane, either. I managed to flush two hens when I was walking across an open area...but that was about it. Last Saturday, the place was on fire with gobbles, but the toms just would not leave the hens. I'm going again Sunday morning. Hopefully, everything will cooperate on that last day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.