Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home today from work to find the magic mailbox was full. There was a box on my door. I hadn't ordered any thing in the last day or too so i wasn't sure what it was. I looked and saw the return address was from bobby ray a call maker i know in steelville missouri. i though humm wonder what this is?

I got in the house and opened it and found the one of the kindest gestures i have ever received. A call and a letter from bobby. The letter stated that this was a call him and his daughter had hunted with this spring and made great memories with. (she was pursuing her frist long beard.) he wanted to pass it on to me and my new daughter in the hope we too could some day make memories of our own. he burned a fawn on the call as he says every time he sees fawns it remindes him of new beggings in the cycle of life.

it touched me so much i almost cried. as many of you know and i am learning having a new child is such a blessing and a challenge full of tears of both worry and joy. the adjustment has been stressfull but this was such an up lifting act. I have never met bobby in person yet only talked to him a few times and pursched one of his calls a year or so ago. yet he made and gave me a very priceless gift for no reason other than kindness. i can't begin to say how much this means to me of all the calls i have this is the only one that i plan to store in my gun safe. I will keep it till one day i can take madison on her frist turkey hunt.

May God Bless Bobby Ray and his family and may I some day be able to return the kindness to some one else in some way.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres a pic of madisons call

Attachments

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
Nice post and congrats Tony.. :eek:

Sounds like you and MU will have daughters roughly the same age..
Great timing!

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
:eek:
Cool to the max! I hope you get to follow up on that wish one day. Kinda renews your faith in humanity!:eek:

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more pic

Attachments

·
5,631 Posts
What an AWESOME gesture. You're luck to have him as a friend.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by onearmblkpwdr
Wow!
Sounds as the cup runneth over!
Well said, Andy....Congrats again, Tony!!!:wink4:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.