Stepping aside

Discussion in 'From the Admin & Staff' started by Gamegetter, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    A lot of changes going on and there has been discussion of a changing of the guard. I've been a moderator on this site for a long time and now seems like a good time to step aside. I still care about what goes on here, but am tired of the us vs. them mentality and admit that I have likely been guilty of that thought process at times. I will say that most bannings that have taken place have been because of personal attacks. Not everyone thinks the same, and that is actually a good thing. But when others don't think the same, it should not turn to hostile and hateful comments. Play nice has been a rule here (thanks Ernie) since as long as I can remember and I hope it stays, even though I know it is open for interpretation.

When hateful or hostile posts have been made, moderators attempt to quickly remove the offensive post(s). Warnings or bannings are considered and I've always attempted to consider if this was a one time exception of someone stepping over the line or a member who appears to thrive on pushing the envelope. Banning a member is typically voted on so moderators aren't taking things "personal", but the Site Administrator (Austin) obviously has the power and authority to ban or unban as he/she sees fit.

Regardless of who is moderating this site, I truly believe it has been and always will be the members that make or break this site. As I relinquish my current active moderator status on MWT, I hope others care as much about the site as I do, and hope everyone agrees that we have all benefited from the MWT that was created many, many years ago. And leave a quote from a TV sensei: "Be like the sun and what is within you will warm the earth."

:wave1:

2. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    You will be missed. You and Gary seemed about like the most level headed of the group. And, you guys are actually good Missouri outdoorsmen. Best of luck, cant say I blame ya. :wave1:

fishshooter and Dingus like this.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    You have been a tireless servant to MWT and MDS Joe. Rest easy friend, take a break and enjoy!

Deeraholic, fishshooter and callaojoe like this.
  4. lma

lma Active Member

Welcome to the ranks, GG! One can still care, it's just much more relaxing on this side than the other.

Wooddust, Mailman, rat and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dingus

Dingus Member

Sep 1, 2016
    X2

6. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Now you will have more time to spend with your daughters

7. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Joe, I know that this was a tough decision for you...as it was for me. I enjoyed my time collaborating with you both as a moderator/admin of this site and in service to Missouri Disabled Sportsmen. I look forward to continued friendship and more work for MDS.

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Good to see you post again Lori.

rat likes this.
  9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    It's one of those bitter sweet decisions that come in your life. You hate to leave but will love the freedom that opens up to do things with your family and the friends you have made here on MWT.

Now you are just "A Regular Joe". :tup::woot:

10. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Hate to see you leave Joe. You are so often the voice of reason.

lma, manitou1 and Mailman like this.
  11. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    At least you got to go out on your own terms and didn't get fired like @rat and @Mailman did!!! :)

Enjoy retirement. I always respected you... for the most part.;)

BustinBucks and rat like this.
  12. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    Thanks for your commitment. It's tough being a mod but rewarding at times also. Thanks for many years of service.

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Fixed that for you Alex. :wave1:

14. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Last of the old guard. Thanks for all your years of service to MWT Joseph.

lma and Ghost Hunter like this.
  15. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Joe.
    You are a good egg man.
    You have my respect and forever will.
    Your selflessness has not gone unnoticed!
    This world needs more like you.
    Thank you for everything you've done for MWT and MDS!

16. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Joe you have been the good guy here for many years. The lord has looked down and smiled upon you.

God Bless

17. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    Enjoy your retirement , you did your time:D

18. 90acres

90acres Senior Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Good for you Joe, at your age who needs the stress!

19. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    Many thanks for the clarity! I had no idea that what I typed was incorrect! I figgered since I read it on the internets it must be true! Glad you are here to catch it and let me know about it!

BustinBucks, Mailman and coyotehunter like this.
  20. jsr

jsr Active Member

Jul 6, 2006
    :cheers:Thanks for the time you put in.......I still have plenty of bottles of Blanton's to drink if I'm ever over your way! Sure you won't mind helping on one of them!