Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
I dont see why in the world it matters as long as the arrows are hitting where he is aiming.

Reactions: fishshooter

· Registered
70,866 Posts
I dont see why in the world it matters as long as the arrows are hitting where he is aiming.
I've shot both Paul and plastic vanes shoot way different that feathers do when shot with a traditional bow. Plastic vanes bounce off the shelf when released but feathers collapse when shot through the same shelf. Vanes do correct themselves through flight but are loud when shot plus lose a bit of speed.

· Registered
8,049 Posts
I agree with Mailman. I only use feathers once worn by an Apache Chief on all my hand carved arrows.

Reactions: CRE10

· Mountain lion hunter
28,420 Posts
I've shot both Paul and plastic vanes shoot way different that feathers do when shot with a traditional bow. Plastic vanes bounce off the shelf when released but feathers collapse when shot through the same shelf. Vanes do correct themselves through flight but are loud when shot plus lose a bit of speed.
I thought the archers paradox cleared everything when properly spined arrows are shot

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I'm waiting for a traditional longbow dropaway to come out. Then I'm going trad

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Again, if the arrows are hitting where you want I dont see the issue.

Reactions: 20'

· Banned
11,379 Posts
The reason I question them is that they looked to be vanes in the photo even when I zoomed in. By the way....nice shooting for the first of the season.
Can you zoom in and circle them in red so I can see them better?

Reactions: bluecan
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.