Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you pick out a Stabilizer for your bow? The range in price is amazing. What makes one better than another?
Thanks

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
alot of it depends on what you're using it for.
in my opinion...a good hunting stabilizer should be one that is compact and extra points for vibration reduction capabilities.
For the price, the Sims S Coil is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I like a stabilizer with some length to it, so your bow rolls forward when you shoot. I have shot muzzleloading matches and a lot of 3d and the extra length really helps you stay steadier. My hunting stabilizer is around 10" and it is a Doinker D2 four rod.

If you can, go to a pro shop with an indoor range and try different stabilizers.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a quality stabilizer, but it seems that the new technology (vibration dampening) always comes with a higer price tag.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
With the design of the bows today, and fit of them as well, why do you still need one if the bow stays vertical or has a slightly forward cg?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.