Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know that stabilizers helps in noise but what else? i bought one and tried it the other day and i couldnt group a set to save my life. maybe it was all mental but how much does it really help?

and should it effect my shooting like that or was i having one of them days?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It should take hand shock and vibration out of the bow. It may also help you hold steadier.

It should in NO way have a negative effect on your shooting. None. It has nothing to do with the acctual "tune" of the bow.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
maby your not use to the wieght on your bow. you could try the new sims. its cheap, and it weight about nothing. but it still takes alot of vibration out. i can tell a diff. on my switchback. its a good prduct. or you could keep shooting with it and see if you get use to it. if not, get rid of the SOB.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Originally posted by kcbowhunt
ok so i know that stabilizers helps in noise but what else? i bought one and tried it the other day and i couldnt group a set to save my life. maybe it was all mental but how much does it really help?

and should it effect my shooting like that or was i having one of them days?
Yea... take it off and see what happens.
I agree with DSG.. it shouldnt have any effect other than mental.

If you do take it off, be sure to shoot with it and without it ON THE SAME DAY and in the same practice session.
I've heard way too many folks say that they did something to their bow and shot it so
much better THE NEXT DAY..
Guess what.. it is not only possible, but LIKELY that your consistency can change day to day.. its a fact.
You may unknowingly attribute the better or worse shooting to the stabilizer when
it really shouldnt have any negative impact at all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so i went out the last 30 mins of light yesterday to practice low light situations since i have iron sights instead of fiber. and did pretty dang good. ill see if i can pick up a smaller lighter stabilizer and see the outcome

thanx guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.