Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read in the outdoor guide paper this year Deer Classic is Feb 19-20-21 at the Gateway Expo Center Collinsville Ill. just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the dates. want last year and it was not bad.

:cheers:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Good show and a good place to see some really big deer!!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the dates.

It was a pretty good show last year, just wish that they had a few more "hunting" related vendors. i know that space has to be filled at these events, but I hate seeing cell phone companies and other non-hunting products.

-Josh

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,923 Posts
[rquote=1506720&tid=105080&author=jhass12]Thanks for the dates.

It was a pretty good show last year, just wish that they had a few more "hunting" related vendors. i know that space has to be filled at these events, but I hate seeing cell phone companies and other non-hunting products.

-Josh [/rquote]
Those booths get pretty pricey.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i been goin every year and it might just be me but everyyear the qaulity of the show an vendors has fell off alot..mosslty al no just guided hunt joints...when they first started they had vendors with special dealso all kinds of stuf but aot of then droppedout i guess

·
Registered
32,436 Posts
How far is Collinsville from Alton? Sound like a good excuse to hit up Fast Eddie's if they ain't to far away from each other.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
While any hunting show is a good thing I think both Missouri Deer huntning shows, Collinsville and the Boone County show have gone down hill from years past. The Boone County has recognized that there has been a continual die off of attendence and dissapointment and is at least ackowledging it and trying to step it up this year. See the link below. I hope they get going in the right direction as i used to really look forward to these.

http://www.missourideerclassic.com/

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i remember you use to be able to go there nd spend the whole day now you can be in and out and everythng in about 15 minutes..aint been worth my drive for a few years now

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1507089&tid=105080&author=JustBob]you know theres a problem when the MISSOURI deer classic is being held in ILLINOIS...

pass.[/rquote]

It's not the Mo deer classic, its the St. Louis Deer Classic....The Mo classic is in Columbia, first weekend of march.

Firemedjoe, yes, there will be Measurers there!!! :cheers::wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts